We are looking for a confident analyst to develop and implement de-risking solutions on defined benefit pension schemes, collaborating across the wider Aviva network and deliver compelling, commercial results for the client and Aviva. We expect you to be a highly motivated and technically motivated individual, with the drive to challenge and determine team goals.
This is an outstanding time to join the Aviva Defined Benefit Solutions team in York. With continued market growth as defined benefit pension scheme trustees and employers de-risk their balance sheets, the bulk annuity business is a key area of growth for Aviva. We believe our brand, financial strength, asset origination capability pricing advantage and corporate relationships offerings as well as our in-house administration excellence, ideally place us to be a partner of choice for our clients.
With the opportunity to join our Deal Team, you’ll be working with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, on a portfolio of bulk annuity transactions and have a real chance to create a difference to our clients who are seeking to de-risk their defined benefit pension schemes.
What will be your duties & responsibilities?
- Interrogating and manipulating scheme data and benefit specifications, taking ownership of identifying and resolving queries with brokers, carrying out mortality experience investigations (where relevant) and producing accurate cashflow projections in order to price bulk annuity deals
- Collaborating with other teams across the Aviva network to ensure accurate allowance of key components which form part our pricing strategy, including reinsurance
- Ensuring deals are priced accurately and in line with Aviva pricing and governance processes, to agreed timescales
- Supporting Senior Pricing Analysts and Pricing Managers in the development and implementation of de-risking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, preparation of internal governance documentation and presentation materials
- Challenging, influencing and developing processes and systems
- This role will require flexible working hours due to the transactional nature of this business
What skills & experiences are required?
- Strong knowledge of UK defined benefit pensions and associated legislation
- Experience of actuarial cash flow modelling preferred; with direct experience of bulk annuity modelling an advantage
- Strong team ethic and time management skills, ability to prioritize for changing demands
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to present technical information clearly
- Strong personal drive; to challenge and influence processes and ensure we deliver great outcomes for clients
- Proven ability to apply technical and commercial judgement
- Full study support will be provided to part qualified actuaries already making good progress towards an FIA qualification
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £30,000 to £45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.