We are looking for a confident analyst to develop and implement de-risking solutions on defined benefit pension schemes, collaborating across the wider Aviva network and deliver compelling, commercial results for the client and Aviva. We expect you to be a highly motivated and technically motivated individual, with the drive to challenge and determine what team goals.
This is an outstanding time to join the Aviva defined benefits solutions Deal Team in London. With continued market growth as defined benefit pension scheme trustees and employers de-risk their balance sheets, the bulk annuity business is a key area of growth for Aviva. We believe our brand, financial strength, asset origination capability pricing advantage and corporate relationships offerings as well as our in-house administration excellence, ideally place us to be the partner of choice for our clients.
With the opportunity to join our Deal Team, you’ll be working with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, on a portfolio of bulk annuity transactions and have a real chance to create a difference to our clients who are seeking to de-risk their defined benefit pension scheme.
What will be your duties & responsibilities?
- Supporting Senior Pricing Analysts and Pricing Managers in the development and implementation of de-risking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes
- Taking ownership of manipulating scheme data, manging associated queries, carrying out mortality experience investigations (where relevant) and producing accurate cashflow projections in order to price bulk annuity deals
- Collaborating with other teams across the Aviva network to ensure accurate allowance of key components which form part our pricing strategy, including reinsurance
- Supporting the preparation of internal governance documentation and presentation materials.
- This role will require flexible working hours due to the nature of this business
What skills & experiences are required?
- Strong knowledge of UK Defined Benefit pensions and legislation
- Experience of bulk annuity modelling and pricing is an advantage; more general knowledge of actuarial cash flow modelling and experience of sense checking is essential for this role
- Proven ability to apply technical actuarial and commercial judgement
- Strong communication skills; ability to present technical information clearly and build relationships with internal business partners
- Strong personal drive to challenge and influence processes and ensure we deliver great outcomes for clients
- A part-qualified actuary making progress through the exams or equivalent actuarial/technical experience is desirable. Full study support will be provided to those progressing towards an FIA qualification
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.