We are looking for a Pricing Actuary to join the team in Dublin!
The Pricing Actuary is a key member of the Pensions & Investments Pricing team. You will support the Pricing and Product development that drive Aviva Ireland to meet its business targets. This includes management of the product portfolio and the use of analytics to support business decisions.
This role requires close liaison with peer Actuarial, Finance, Propositions, IT, Marketing and Distribution. You will be encouraged to be involved in projects which support the business objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pricing of new products & funds. This will involve the end to end product development cycle.
- Developing new pricing initiatives which will help the company achieve its objective
- Work with the distribution team to develop tactical pricing initiatives as appropriate
- Measure the efficiency of any pricing initiatives
- Be an active participant of the Pricing Forum where product proposal and pricing strategies are approved
- Engage with the Insurance Risk Committee to ensure all product proposals have been agreed following the proper governance framework
- Help ensure that the company meets any requirements under the relevant risk standards
- Ensure that a risk culture is embedded within the pricing team
- Support the mentorship and development of junior team members
Skills & Experience required
- Qualified/nearly-qualified Actuary
- Recent experience of pricing in the Irish market as well as market knowledge of leading companies
- Knowledge of Solvency II developments and requirements and the impact on pricing
- Strong knowledge of the Irish commercial environment
- Experience of senior partner management
- Delivery focused with a flexible attitude and approach
- Confident communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with evidence of a career track record of achievement
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously and manage expectations accordingly
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Connor McCormack in the Resourcing team on +44 121 234 7638 or Connor.McCormack@Aviva.com