Personal Injury Claims Handler - We have a number of Permanent and Fixed Term Contract position
We're looking for experienced claims handlers to join our Motor Personal Injuries Team in Galway.
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining the Motor Claims team you’ll have a vital role to play.
We are looking for individuals with a dynamic approach to Personal Injury Claims, who can provide the highest level of technical expertise and advice to our customers.
Are you talented and motivated? If so we'd like to give you the autonomy to innovate and make good decisions. We want people who are inquisitive, self-motivated and eager to grow with us.
The purpose of the role is to assist and support our customers when they need us most by investigating their claim and agreeing a fair settlement within policy and legal liability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate, Co-operate and Support your team members by identifying priority work
- Develop clear strategies that will get the best & fairest settlement for the Customer, Aviva & the Claimant
- Build your relationships over the phone to achieve your settlement goals
- Pro-Actively identify the right claims to settle at the right time
- Have the confidence to seek guidance and make decisions which are right first time
- Demonstrate excellent and consistent approach to managing your work, ensuring early decision-making
- Explore all settlement opportunities throughout the lifecycle of a claim
- Negotiate claims settlements for complex, non complex injury and damage claims
- Take care of pre-PIAB claims up to litigated claims ensuring each has a clear strategy
- Ensure that your portfolio of files are adequately reserved by adhering to the reserving guidelines
- Identify fraudulent cases by gathering & analysing all the critical data and liaise with our Fraud Teams
- Identify any serious injury cases and refer them immediately for review
- Ensure compliance with the CPC, DPA and all relevant legislation at all times
- Understand customer feedback and what is important to customers
- Build positive relationships with colleagues and external partners, in a professional and emphatic manner
- Share insights and feedback with colleagues
- Execute required administrative duties and undertake file reviews, projects, or duties as management may require
Skills & Experience required
- APA/CIP Qualification
- The ability to make strong judgements and be confident in balancing the needs of the customer with those of Aviva
- Proven experience in Motor Damage and Injury Claims Handling.
- Experience in financial services working environment
- High learning agility
- The experience to manage complex situations
- Excellent Problem solving abilities
- Proven negotiation skills with experience in settlement of complex & non complex motor injury claims
- Capability to provide the best possible outcomes for both the customer and Aviva.
- Active Listening Skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Ability to handle your own workload
- Positive Relationship building skills
- Dedication to the customer environment
- Excellent communication skills
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Connor McCormack in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7638 or Connor.McCormack@Aviva.com