Loss Adjuster – Competitive Salary
We are ideally looking for an experienced Commercial Adjuster/Field professional based in OR close to Southampton/ Bournemouth regions. Ideally with at least DIP CILA/DIP CII or working towards these qualifications.
A bit about the job:
This role is responsible for providing a customer focused and cost-effective service by handling claims from instruction to completion with delegated authority commercial claims typically up to £100k.
Our team undertakes physical site inspections to assess, validate and manage Commercial Claims. We investigate and negotiate commercial claims proactively in accordance with agreed competency levels.
The key focus of the role is to support our Customers and the various stakeholders of a claim whilst keeping control of indemnity spend by working collaboratively with the wider Commercial Property system at Aviva.
Due to the above, frequent travel will be a requirement for this position. Therefore a full UK driving license would be needed.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Good technical knowledge and experience of commercial insurance claims and the application of commercial wordings including material damage and consequential loss claims, including a commercial awareness.
· Property construction understanding, with experience of working on occupied property & premises is essential.
· Awareness of flood/escape of water/fire damage management techniques & principles and a good knowledge of health and safety regulations and other relevant legislation – including Asbestos regulations and equipment access restrictions.
· Experience of working in a customer focused environment, meeting customer needs through expertise and integrity, partnered with excellent communication skills.
· IT literate & ability to learn new technology.
What you’ll get for this role:
Our purpose - with you today, for a better tomorrow – is a promise we make to our colleagues too. And one of the ways we live up to that promise is by investing in you. We have so much to offer when it comes to being an Aviva colleague.
· Competitive Salary (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
· Bonus opportunity - 8% of annual salary Actual amount depends on your performance and Aviva’s.
· Generous pension scheme - Aviva will contribute up to 14%, depending on what you put in.
· 29 days holiday plus bank holidays, and you can choose to buy or sell up to 5 days
· Make your money go further - Up to 40% discount on Aviva products , and other retailer discounts
· Up to £1,200 of free Aviva shares per year through our Matching Share Plan and share in the success of Aviva with our Save As You Earn scheme
· Brilliantly supportive policies including parental and carer’s leave
· Flexible benefits to suit you, including sustainability options such as cycle to work
· Make a difference, be part of our Aviva Communities and use your 3 paid volunteering days to help others
· We take your wellbeing seriously with lots of support and tools
Take a look to learn more. Put a salary into this calculator to see what your total Aviva Reward could be.
Aviva is for everyone:
We’re inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you. Most of our people are smart working –spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week - combining the benefits of flexibility, with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alannah Burgess a call on 0121 234 7666 or send an email to email@example.com.