Claims Handler (Motor Claims)
Location: Broadland Business Park, Norwich
Contract: Permanent, Full Time – 35 hours per week
Working Hours: Shift patterns covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday (Rotation of 1 late per week (11am-7pm/12pm-8pm) and some weekends including Saturdays and Sundays
Salary: Starting salary of £17,000 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (+ benefits)
We have exciting opportunities for Claims Handlers to join us in our offices based on Broadland Business Park. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining our Claims Team, you will have a vital role to play. Here within our Claims department, every one of our people is a great talker, listener, investigator, letter-writer and decision maker. Our Claims Handlers investigate insurance claims with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment.
Please click on the video link for an insight on how we help our customers at their times of need:
Please note that there is a free bus service that runs from the city centre directly to the site. Unfortunately, there is no onsite parking available however Aviva has additional offsite parking at no extra cost at the Postwick Park and Ride site together with a bespoke bus service to our offices on the Broadland Business Park.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role you’ll be responsible for following up the claim, liaising with the Third-Party, Credit Hire Companies and Third-Party Insurers and negotiating settlements, as well as taking calls from customers who currently hold motor insurance with Aviva and are looking to make a claim. These are customers who hold both commercial and personal policies and need to get their vehicle back on the road as soon as possible. You'll talk and listen calmly to our customers, knowing just the right questions to ask to obtain the right and relevant information to assist you in processing their claim.
Only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim. With your strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you'll be able to put yourself in our customers shoes, ultimately minimising the impact of the claim to them.
Skills and Experience Required
· Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
· Strong questioning skills
· The ability to overcome a challenge in an environment where no two days are the same
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to listen and reason compassionately
· A natural curiosity to identify improvements
· A positive mind set and a can-do approach
· Ability to deliver superb customer service and a strong commitment to do the right thing for your customers
· Exceptional attention to detail
· No previous claims or insurance experience is required as full training will be provided
What will you get for these roles?
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
· Full training and ongoing support provided
Typically, our Claims Handlers will progress from the starting salary of £17,000 to £18,500 on reaching the standard required after training is completed. Your development will continue in the role over time. On average we see people reach an advanced level after 18 months, where salary would rise again to £20,500. You can then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department earning £22,000. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
· You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
· We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
· We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Danielle Stallard in the Resourcing team on or 0121 234 7614.