An outstanding, permanent opportunity has arisen within the Global Corporate Speciality (GCS) teams in Worthing for Assistant Underwriters.
Together, you'll be working with our current team towards providing a positive service, aiding our team of underwriters based in London. This will include building a successful network of internal and external relationships, receiving and responding to enquiries and meeting high standards to ensure customer happiness.
You will actively pursue opportunities to improve the efficiency of our customer and administration processes and procedures to assist GCS in achieving its targets.
Are you a strong, dynamic, positive person with a can-do approach to work? If so, we want you to join our team. You'll need to be a strong teammate with the ability to manage your own work effectively and also have phenomenal interpersonal skills.
Do you have a sincere interest in the Finance, Risk or Insurance industries, and looking to build a long-lasting successful career? Then we definitely want to hear from you.
What will be your duties & responsibilities?
· You will be collaborating with our Trading Underwriters team in London to deliver and provide full end to end policy management for large complex corporate risks
· You'll spot & drive opportunities for service and operational improvements
· You'll act on feedback from customers, sharing ideas with managers and peers via team meetings/systems thinking immersions
· You'll deliver business important metrics alongside our management team
· You'll promote and drive team culture in conjunction with your manager
· You'll take personal responsibility for your own development in line with business strategy evidence through verbal and practical application
· You'll have responsibility for governance and risk together with the manager/team
· There will be occasional required travel to our London office
What skills & experiences are required?
· Proven record of delivering excellent customer outcomes
· Experience in encouraging & building strong sustainable internal/external relationships
· Track record and delivery of personal development and growth in previous roles
· History of successful autonomous working practices
· GCSE qualifications or equivalent in English and Mathematics
· You will also need a good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases
· Previous underwriting experience is not essential as full training will be provided – however experience in Financial Services, Risk or a similar field would be advantageous.
What will you get for this role?
· A competitive salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
· You can download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
· We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
· We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or .