Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
· Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
· Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
· Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com . For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
JOB TITLE: [Contract] Assistant Customer Manager, Design for eCommerce
JOB LOCATION: Singapore
RELOCATION TERMS: Local terms
The eCommerce channel continues to grow and will continue to be the biggest source of growth for Unilever in Southeast Asia and Australasia (SEAA). As the eCommerce market continues to grow with more players, more consumers and new business models, there is an increasing need for Unilever to adapt to this changing landscape.
It is essential for Unilever to win in this exponentially growing channel by making sure our brands have the right portfolio which is competitive in eCommerce space, Unilever is investing and optimising in eCommerce media to drive traffic and then we have the right price and content so that shoppers add our brands to their basket.
The Assistant Customer Manager, Design for eCommerce will lead the regional engagement of Unilever with eCommerce retailers and will partner with Unilever's global brand teams and local eCommerce markets and plan/implement marketing plans that will increase market share and eCommerce penetration of Unilever's brands. The role will enable Unilever's brands to stay competitive in eCommerce portfolio, media and product/brand content.
Driving strategic engagement with eCommerce retailers across the South East region
· Developing channel strategy to drive key focus-categories and address key shopper journeys in the platforms
· Driving regional partnerships with initiatives, pilots, and commercial building blocks to complement joint-business-plans of each local market
· Sustain regular external engagement with eCommerce retailers through business reviews, JBP / T2T engagement
· Joint partnership to develop eCommerce retailers ’s commercial capability to support sustainable eCommerce growth covering but not limited to: promotion ROI, e-commerce conversion metrics, BI report monitoring / dashboarding, campaign effectiveness, and other commercial analysis on commercial and category growth
· Developing comprehensive insights from internal and external data sources to share with the markets and various internal stakeholders
Build global and regional best practice sharing for the local markets
· Execution of playbooks and best practice sharing forums with subsequent monitoring and support of follow-up actions
· Working with e-retailers and external partners to develop eCommerce expertise materials to cascade to local market
· Internal communication through trainings, regular regional/local market connects, monthly scorecards and reports to all markets, and eCommerce community updates
Key anchor with the regional category teams to ensure that markets have a fit for eCommerce portfolio, always-on eCommerce media framework and Unilever's brands are optimised for discoverability and conversion
· Act as the single point of contact for categories to eCommerce team and vice-versa
· In-depth understanding of category JTBDs for key cells so that category marketing plans can be co-developed
· Identify the portfolio gaps/opportunities in critical cells (markets x categories) and work with marketing team in plugging those gaps
Proficiency in online Path to Purchase journey on e-tailers' platforms
· Creates mutually agreed principles of activations for the category for eCommerce team to operate with and drive actionability with KAM team in tracking compliance
· Work closely with marketing teams and ensure that eCommerce is placed at heart of innovations (drive Perfect Launch Online framework)
· Brings in-depth understanding of the category and understands different customers to be able to make tailor made plans by customer/platforms
· Evaluate ROI for different activities across different platforms and create a learning within eCommerce team on what works and what doesn’t for each of the category-platform combination
Ensure that Unilever brands are discoverable and optimised for conversion on e-tailers' platforms
· Train the marketing teams to create eCommerce assets: 7 OA, Digital Banners/Store fronts to increase online penetration of Unilever brands
· Work with regional eCommerce markets in driving Search Performance and ensuring Unilever brands are more discoverable.
Business Intelligence with 3rd Party Agencies and Partners:
· Mine insights from eCommerce platforms to identify competitive intensity across key categories/platforms, benchmark Unilever brands’ presence and optimise price and media to have a strong competitive growth.
· This will involve a working appreciation of concepts like Relative Pricing, Price leader/follower, Media Share of Voice and eCom media systems.
· Unilever’s Marketing Teams:
Regional/Global brand teams: Brand and Digital Managers of Personal Care, including periodic reviews with leadership
· Unilever’s E-Com market teams
E-commerce Customer Development (CD) teams for all 7 markets in SEAA, shopper insight teams, CD teams for omni-channel accounts (e.g. Tesco team)
· External business partners
Regional Retailer teams
· Unilever media and analytics teams
IT Infrastructure lead, data dashboard agencies
· 3P Agencies for eCommerce insights and activation
· Cross-Functional business leads
Supply chain and finance business partners and local leads
· Experience with key account management (offline or online)
· Experience working with start-ups, eCommerce platforms, or FMCG
· Experience working with different eCommerce Channels/Models with a good understanding of Shoppers and Categories in eCommerce
· Brand/Trade Marketing experience with an understanding of digital marketing (mobile, search, CRM, precision marketing, etc) as well as Point of Purchase Drivers (Assortment, Merchandising, Promo and Pricing)
· An understanding of consumer/shopper insights and digital user experience
· Work Experience in eCommerce Retailers/Players
· Project Management Experience and Capacity to work with Cross-Functional and Cross-Cultural Teams
· Deep appreciation of Content management Systems to convince and negotiate on retailer data integration.
*This is a 12-month contract opportunity.
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Online” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application.
*Candidates with FMCG experience will be prioritized.
*We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified