Assistant Manager, Marketing Capability and Transformation
Function – Marketing
Scope – Global
SALARY: Up to £39,500 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits including bonus, 25 days holiday, Unilever pension schem e, Bupa healthcare, free on-site gym, discounted products, etc.
Do you want to change the way Unilever does marketing? And have an impact at global scale? Would you like to work close to our Marketing leaders to unlock the full potential of our 5000 connected marketers in driving high-reaching growth? Do you strive to keep things simple when they seem complicated? Are you willing to take action? and do you have a passion for lifelong learning? Our ambitious transformation and capability programme may be looking for someone just like you.
The Marketing Capability and Transformation team keeps Unilever's marketing fresh and competitive. The team ensures there is One consistent way of doing marketing in Unilever and works with an array of in- and external experts to ensure we stay ahead of the game. We embed Unilever's priorities into our marketing and the way we work. (Think: the C4G change programme, digital transformation, the imperative of creativity, to name a few). By being a genuine cross-marketing and cross-business force, we can drive change on a systemic scale – crafting actionable programmes and content and working alongside people across 8 clusters and 80 locations to make the change happen.
You will partner and lead capability building and learning on topic areas that impact marketers in global and local teams in areas like Innovation & design. You will also be responsible for the Marketing Hub that is the one stop shop for all things marketing across Unilever. And finally, you will partner and deliver the Marketing Forum which is the twice a year learning experience for all marketers across Unilever that brings them access to the latest Unilever thinking. You will work on high visibility initiatives like One Marketing, driving networked ways of working in brand communities, leading pilots for teamwork zones and you will support the refresh of our marketing philosophy including the creative treatment, as well as the simplification of our tools and programmes.
A high level of internal collaboration and understanding of the end-to-end requirements of these projects is needed to perform effectively in this role. Frequent contact and partnering with brand community managers, project managers, experts in global teams, and category strategy managers is critical to delivering the job.
· Management of the Brand Manager community. Engaging with this community daily and driving communications and connections within the group. Managing and facilitating a monthly networking meeting to improve learning and relationships
· Marketing project lead of the brand collaboration spaces programme: working towards a next generation way of collaboration and sharing in brand engagement;
· Set up and run the next C4G survey for CCBTs and Brand Communities; analysis and preparation of sr. management decks and reports; develop action plans with brand communities and collect bright spots and standard methodologies;
· Assist and part lead the creative content and coordination of the Crafting Brands for Life marketing mission re-launch.
· Assist and partly lead the distillation and simplification of Unilever's existing marketing programmes and tools.
· Co-ordination of global Marketing Transformation LT agenda and priority tracking
· Management of capability programs around Innovation and design including project leadership, leading mix development etc.
· Management of the marketing hub and forum (*2 per year)
· Ability to effectively lead multiple projects at a time
· Experience in marketing and on-the-ground experience of Unilever processes
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience running a fixed budget
· Ability to work to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
· Provision of advice, assistance, and mentorship in the planning, procurement, delivery and management of projects
· Strong proficiency in interest in digital technologies and channels
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
Online Application >> Face to face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note : As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.