Position: ABM - GROM & Soft Republick
Work Level: 1C
Unilever is the leading manufacturer within the Ice Cream Category and has many notable iconic brands within the portfolio – Magnum, Carte D'or, Twister & Cornetto to name a few.
However, changing consumer trends are leading to some exciting opportunities for the category, and for some new iconic brands to be built. As part of our channel shift strategy we are looking to grow the experiential brands within the portfolio.
In 2018 we launched GROM gelato into the UK market and its now the top selling Gelato brand in Grocery, with massive growth opportunity across all channels. Growth will come in 2019 from an expanded portfolio of products, marketing to raise awareness of the brand, and obtaining listings in specialist and premium customers.
The Out of Home experiences portfolio is made up of Calippo Slush, Mr Whippy, Cornetto Soft and Carte d'Or scooping. The portfolio is growing strongly but has a small share of the relevant segments.
It is key that the successful candidate demonstrates a real passion for new brands and has a start up mentality. They will also need to be digitally savvy and share excellent examples of how they have pushed the boundaries of consumer and customer thinking in previous roles.
· Lead and grow the Experiential brands by developing leading edge brand-driven activation ideas and flawless project management of innovation and communication projects
· Plan and execute world class in-market brand activity to deliver positive brand share, and profitable TO growth
· Closely work with Global and European teams to deliver the three year plan for the UK. Input into the Global plans for GROM
· Bring UK market and consumer insights to project and brand planning to ensure brand and category requirements will be met in the future. High level of engagement with the Out of Home CD team to ensure distribution targets are achieved.
· Day to day management of the Experiential brands, including monitoring/reporting of in-market performance, ownership of forecast assumptions and retailer engagement
· Development of a share-growth-oriented marketing plan that seizes opportunities in product innovation, pricing strategy, competitor activities and customer/channel specific needs.
· Develop & lead implementation of activation platforms and ideas based on the brand vision plan working with the external agencies
· Pro-actively feed market, category and customer requirements into platform innovation projects that BD are leading
· Champion competitive behaviour and mind-set throughout the business and translate it into targeted marketing activities to grow brand share
· Ensure marketing budgets are deployed fully and effectively in ways that answer the brand targets and jobs to be done
· Work with communication team to ensure single minded communication message is created in line with the brand building communication plan, consistent with category needs
· Monitor and review effectiveness of innovation and renovation programme to inform future plans. Ensure continued focus on and support of innovation platforms once launched
Please apply online and add your PDP & Talent Profile if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
This role is offered on local terms only which means you must currently hold right to work in the UK & I and do not require sponsorship by Unilever.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Anshika-Dua Suri, Talent & resourcing Lead.