Procurement Assistant Manager Tea
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you're bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business while reducing our environmental impact by 2020. As a result, in the months and years to come, we envisage many opportunities for our staff to progress and gain vital experience. It's never been such an exciting time to join the Unilever team.
Procurement Assistant Manager Tea
Profession (Marketing, Finance, etc.):
Location (City, Country):
Main Job Purpose:
(A concise statement setting out the main purpose and objectives of the job.)
The Tea Blender is responsible for issuing blends as per SU requirements. The job also requires evaluation of incoming tea quality on an organoleptic basis. Working with their respective cluster Procurement Manager Tea, they will monitor stocks to ensure all stocks are tracked till consumption. They will adhere to blend cost targets and forecast provided to the business.
(Please describe the responsibilities and end results that would be expected.)
· Responsible for issuing blend sheets to Lipton Jebel Ali Mixing Unit and Pakistan Mixing Unit as per plan.
· Responsible for incoming quality evaluation and its use.
· Ensure all inbound tea deliveries are tasted and fully updated in SAP
· Responsible for delivery of quality of all Blends as per the PBBS.
· Support the savings agenda and maintain project status in SRS
· Support Blend Demand requirements enabling 98.5% Customer Service delivery against the forecast.
· Fully manage Tea Tasting activity to ensure full tasting programme is carried out for the respective Cluster.
· To be responsible for weekly update and approval of demand plans into APS
· Monitor and stock performance against agreed norms
· Deliver high accuracy (+/- 1%) against blend forecasts for month Zero
· Own and ensure all static data for Tea specific SAP and APS systems is updated on time and in full.
(The minimum requirement from the JSP should be described, incl degrees/qualifications preferred.)
The candidate must possess a minimum of 3-5 years of tea tasting and blending Experience. Strong financial knowledge is essential to be successful in this role.
(Please detail essential and desirable experience, including no. of years.)
· Tea Taster & Blending - at least 3-5 years' experience with below requirements
· Is able to assess and evaluate in detail tea samples at differing brew strengths eg consumer strength, technical strength
· Is able to apply and adapt best practice eg Tealingo rules.
· Is engaged in the ongoing development of GTP/Tealingo
· Classifies tea samples into Tealingo items as a matter of course
· Scores above the minimum pass mark in an unguided taste test on average over a 1-year period
· Tea Blending Skills with below requirements
· Evaluates the new blend per Good Tasting Practice to pass/fail vs a blend specification or standard
· Evaluates blends on both physical, visual and sensory parameters
· Understands and exploits the interaction between different tea types to achieve a blend end result
· Understands and exploits the interaction between base blend and additives such as aroma/flavour (choice, dosage etc)
· Can construct a blend in a live system in accordance with a prescribed recipe and/or specification
· Can make the necessary changes to a blend if it has not passed the evaluation to ensure it meets the specification
· Proficient in using the APS planning tool & SAP
· Proficient in finance KPI's governing Procurement deliverables
· Strong strategic influencing skills
(Please make it clear if the job will require travel within the country or abroad and give an idea of how often the candidate will need to be away from home.)
As per job/site requirements.
(Please list any internal and external contacts arising from the job.)
· Tea Portfolio Procurement teams
· Market Procurement team, geography
· Inbound Logistics
· Category Quality Manager
· R&D Programme Mangers
· Global Tea Standards Manager
(Please show where the job lies within the department, including superior(s) & subordinate(s).)
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Unilever est une multinationale Anglo-Néerlandaise. Créée en 1930 par la fusion de Lever Brothers et Margarine Unie, cette société est la quatrième mondiale sur le marché de l’agroalimentaire derrière Nestlé, PepsiCo et Kraft Foods. Elle est aussi le premier producteur de glace et de thé au monde.
Chaque jours, 2 milliards de personnes utilisent des produits Unilever qui se vendent dans plus de 190 pays. Unilever emploie plus de 171 000 collaborateurs à travers le monde dans plus de 100 pays et possède plus de 400 marques dans le monde comme par exemple, Ben & Jerry’s, Miko, Lipton pour les boissons et glaces, mais aussi, Alsa, Amora, Knorr dans l’alimentaire, Axe, Dove, Signal dans le soin à la personne et enfin, Sun, Skip ou encore Cif, dans l’entretien de la maison. Son chiffre d’affaires s’élève à 51,3 milliards d’euros. En France Unilever compte 2 800 collaborateurs et génère un chiffre d’affaires de 2,6 milliards d’euros.