At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you’re having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
The Process Engineer role is critical to the development of our factories to World Class, which means zero defects, zero waste and zero losses and to lead the change management role on projects, ensuring all inputs are available, factory is geared up for new innovations, product transfers, roll-outs, recipe changes, line extension within an agreed time plan.
She/he will apply extensively the full range of Focused Improvement and Quality and EEM pillar methods and tools to counter losses identified in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost Deployment, Customer Service and Logistics and optimize the cost for projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Define and maintain the optimum process parameters to ensure the maximum efficiency of equipment and production in accordance with the quality standards set by the company and the technical conditions.
· Develop and maintain instructions and standard operating procedures for production operators.
· Analyze the causes of process failure, loss of packaging materials, raw materials and finished products as well as poor quality products or incidents in quality.
· Takes part in the development of measures to prevent and eliminate them in the production process, as well as in consideration of incoming complaints for products with the department Quality assurance.
· Introduce proposals for the introduction of advanced technological processes, types of equipment and technological equipment, automation equipment, optimal production modes for products.
· Participate in developing of process sheets and changeover matrixes
· Make proposals on the organization of workplaces to reduce labor costs and improve sanitation and hygiene.
· Propose production technology improvement.
· Participate in projects to upgrade existing equipment, as well as purchase new ones.
· Participate in conducting trial and industrial tests of new types of packaging materials, raw materials and finished products.
Key Competencies & Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Production / Industrial / Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical)
· 2-4 years of work experience in an industrial environment (Engineering and operations)
· FMCG background is a plus
· Strong communication and English language