Home Care R&D Packaging Development Technologist will be recognized as a technical support for packaging design, materials, processes, and problem resolution, the role will interface with other functions such as product design and manufacturing, processing,marketing,supply chain and distribution centers and quality assurance. The incumbent will be responsible for the management of packaging project planning and execution including designs, tests,saving projects and implementation of packaging initiatives,SU change and localization projects.
· Develop, test, review and recommend proposals for packaging material and designs by translating detailed design requirements and business needs into work plans, anticipating risks and incorporating prevention and mitigation plans
· Set guidelines and best practices, identify root causes and drive corrective actions related to new and existing packaging design improvements
· Support marketing, procurement and supply chain departments about network preparation and project management steps
· Perform benchmarking studies and inspecting and evaluating consumers, customers, new packaging technologies and competitors in the market
· Build and maintain relations with existing & new third party producers and packaging suppliers and support capability development programs.
· Create and review package test plan protocols, monitor testing, and interpret data to ensure package integrity throughout product life cycle
· Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions
· Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials and design,efficiency, transportation, and storage.
· Create specifications,SAP codes,Bill of materials,aw approvals
· Lead execution of tests & trials at laboratory or full factory scale and report test & trial outcomes
· Lead secondary and tertiary packaging development
· Manage multiple projects & tight timelines
· University degree in Engineering ; preferably mechanical, chemical or foods engineering background
· Knowledge and experience working with multiple materials including rigid plastics, flexible materials, corrugated and paperboard packaging, labels, etc.
· Minimum 1 years' experience in Supply Chain packaging filling lines , Quality Assurance in packaging or R&D packaging development department Problem solving and decision-making skills are necessary.
· Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Must have good communication skills.
· Must have good oral and written knowledge of English
· Must have good knowledge of MS Office