Mechanistic Safety Scientist
Salary: £28,300 to £35,400
Location: Colworth, UK
Function: Research & Development
Travel: 5% Travel
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
SEAC is a Unilever Capability housed in R&D. SEAC scientists provide authoritative leadership in safety (Consumer, Occupational & Environmental) and environmental sustainability (COES) for risk/impact-based decision making to help drive Unilever's sustainable growth ambitions.
You will provide expertise to assess the human safety of Unilever ingredients within multidisciplinary teams as well as developing & applying novel, mechanistic/pathways-based approaches. You will play a role in evolving Unilever's approach to risk assessment and through doing so deliver to the current and future needs of Unilever's Business.
· Assessment of human safety risks associated with ingredients across Unilever's product portfolio with an emphasis on applying mechanistic or pathways-based approaches.
· Delivering transparent, well documented exposure-based risk assessments to SEAC project teams to enable robust decision making.
· Communication internally and to business partners on risk assessment outcomes and providing guidance on risk management where appropriate.
· Contribute to the evolution of Unilever's approach to exposure-driven risk assessment/risk management and to deliver to the current and future needs of Unilever's Business.
· Build an understanding of the wider issues surrounding the use of ingredients and products.
· Play a part in supporting/leading change through a team-based approach, to make an impact internally & externally on the way in which safety risk assessments are conducted and communicated now and in the future.
Key Skills and Experience
· Ideally, MSc in relevant subject (Minimum requirement: BSc)
· Knowledge or experience of using mechanistic information in toxicology risk-based decision making
· Good awareness of novel, non-animal approaches to safety assessment and their potential application for decision-making
· Proactive and enthusiastic approach to developing own skills and capability to support current and future SEAC needs.
· Evidence of a creative, problem-solving mindset
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills including ability to convey scientific subject matter in a simple manner
· Able to work effectively and with impact in multidisciplinary teams
Standards of Leadership:
· Bias for Action
· Building Talent and Teams
· Growth Mindset
· Consumer and Customer Focus
· Accountability & Responsibility
Online Application >> Face to Face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
How to Apply
Find out what it's like to work here by clicking on this link https://www.unilever.co.uk/careers/professionals/working-here/
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role. Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 16 th September 2018
Unilever est une multinationale Anglo-Néerlandaise. Créée en 1930 par la fusion de Lever Brothers et Margarine Unie, cette société est la quatrième mondiale sur le marché de l’agroalimentaire derrière Nestlé, PepsiCo et Kraft Foods. Elle est aussi le premier producteur de glace et de thé au monde.
Chaque jours, 2 milliards de personnes utilisent des produits Unilever qui se vendent dans plus de 190 pays. Unilever emploie plus de 171 000 collaborateurs à travers le monde dans plus de 100 pays et possède plus de 400 marques dans le monde comme par exemple, Ben & Jerry’s, Miko, Lipton pour les boissons et glaces, mais aussi, Alsa, Amora, Knorr dans l’alimentaire, Axe, Dove, Signal dans le soin à la personne et enfin, Sun, Skip ou encore Cif, dans l’entretien de la maison. Son chiffre d’affaires s’élève à 51,3 milliards d’euros. En France Unilever compte 2 800 collaborateurs et génère un chiffre d’affaires de 2,6 milliards d’euros.