The Demand and Requirements Planner will be responsible for generating the item-location Demand Plan that will drive down stream supply chain and financial planning activities. The goal of this position is to continuously improve customer service while simultaneously reducing finished goods inventory through accurate forecasting. The role will be responsible for proactive collaboration across Customer Development, Brand Marketing, Supply Planning, Finance and Customer Supply Chain. Key to this role will be anticipating and understanding the needs of different stakeholders across the company relative to forecasting, turning assumptions into actionable plans and providing insight into demand drivers to leadership. This position will responsible for high growth brands with complex go to market strategies.
Additional responsibilities will include maintaining and distributing rolling 12-month forecasts to key raw material and packaging component suppliers, partnering with Supply Planning and Procurement to ensure on time and in full delivery of raw materials and packaging components and leading regularly scheduled supplier calls.
Success in this role is at the intersection of data and communication. The Demand and Requirements Planner must not only understand the underlying data, but be able to tailor their message to the unique needs of different stakeholders in the organization. Agility and strong communication skills are a must for success in this role.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
· Maintain forecast inputs and backend forecast data in company applications including the innovation forecasting template, Anaplan and SAP APO systems.
· Track Forecast KPI's including bias, accuracy and forecast value add. Use these KPI's to drive improvements.
· Lead monthly S&OP process for assigned brands including: maintaining baseline / statistical forecasts, collecting Sales and Marketing forecast drivers and highlighting changes and drivers in the plan to key stakeholders.
· Maintain schedules to ensure that deliverables are received and outputs are communicated as per the Monthly Rolling Forecast process (MRF).
· Support CD and Brand usage of forecast reporting applications.
· Develop, modify, and communicate the short and long range demand plan to Supply Planning. This role functions as the pivotal communication point for supply and service constraints.
· Coordinate all aspects of Demand Planning related to the delivery of projects that support growth objectives, innovation, cost reductions, operational efficiency improvements, and reduce business waste.
· Maintain forecast for key raw material and/or packaging components based on rolling 12-month demand forecast.
· Communicate changes in demand to key suppliers as necessary.
· Partner with Supply Planning and Procurement to ensure supply of raw materials and packaging components.
· Lead regular supplier calls to address any ongoing or upcoming supply issues.
· Partner with Customer Supply Chain team to ensure inventory is in place for key account pipeline and promotional events. Communicate target inventory recovery dates and forward-facing risk as issues arise.
· Reprioritization of work to support department initiatives.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
· Support team by covering other areas of the supply chain as needed.
· Commit to personal development and growth by actively engaging in individual development initiatives and applying developmental thinking within the context of the role
· Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Operations Planning, Engineering or related fields
· 1-3 years' experience with fast moving consumer goods or equivalent
· 1-3 years' experience in Demand Planning / Supply Planning / Logistics
· Experience with Operational Process Planning
· Experience with SAP APO & ECC or similar applications
· APICS a plus
· Strong communication skills
· Team commitment is essential to this position
· Proficiency in Excel, Access, PowerPoint
· Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage time while delivering results in a dynamic business environment
· Ability to identify and define issues, lead root cause analysis, and develop and manage corrective action plans
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to formulate and articulate valid conclusions
· Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
· Passion for working in a values based growth oriented organization
COMPANY VALUES ALIGNMENT :
· Real passion for our mission to inspire a revolution that nurtures the health of the next seven generations
· Demonstrates an ability to work in an environment with constrained resources and which demands agility
· Open office environment
· Occasional Travel
· Some work outside normal hours may be required as business demands
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.