Data Search & Performance Analyst, People Data Centre
Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in Radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution is our People Data Centres – delivering powerful ground-breaking insights and facilitating one billion relationships with consumers. We need to blend social data with consumer contact centre data with CRM data with search data with ratings & reviews data and so much more. This will allow incredible insights and precision marketing. You can read more about our dreams in the latest edition of the Harvard Business Review and you can see for yourself with our acquisition of the Dollar Shave Club that our company is investing hugely in this space. We need people with real passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a ground-breaking within our business.
About the role
The Search Analyst is a digital native, obsessed with how people access information online across any internet-connected device. You are responsible for the analysis of search data (paid & organic) to bring insight to the internal customers of the People Data Centre organisation. As a key part of the delivery team for Unilever's PDC vision, this role exists to make sense of vast amounts of data in a way that enable Unilever's marketers to act and improve the way they engage with our consumers. The you need to be analytical, detail-oriented, and able to articulate the value of analytics to marketers and team members alike.
· Oversee and as required, undertake keyword research and analysis across territories for Unilever brands and categories using a range of manual and automated tools
· Aggregate existing data / research such as keyword analysis, PPC performance reports, consumer journey mapping, social listening, web analytics, etc to produce Paid and Owned optimisation recommendations, whilst also identifying gaps that require incremental research
· Oversee and as required, undertake SEO audits (E.g. Technical / Back-link) and analysis, resulting in the production of optimisation recommendations that will be communicated to the meaningful web-development agency /team
· Construct search etymologies, with an ability to construct their own storylines with data from this
· Build reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations
· Translate all available Unilever and competitor data and insight into a content and asset gap analysis, which will then inform the creation of a business case supporting the future production and amplification of content / assets to meet these consumer needs
· Connect business, marketing and communications objectives together, using data and insight to support the achievement of these objectives
· Communicate research and analysis to meaningful project partners ensuring they understand the findings, and take part in discussions about implications and next steps
· Primary delivery responsibility to both Global Categories & assigned regional (market / cluster) brand teams
· Will deliver multiple project at a time; time & resource is run by PDC Delivery Hub Search Lead
· Work with other PDC delivery roles to ensure that all outputs are built to a high standard & consistency
Skills & Expertise
· Real passion for analysis and insight discovery
· Experience in corporate storytelling or the communication of complex information in a simplified way
· Experience manipulating and analysing large datasets
· Familiar with keyword tools such as Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner, KeywordIO, Ubber Suggest, etc
· Familiar with SEO tools such as SEMrush, Brightege, Moz, Ahrefs and/or Search Metrics
· Proven SEO experience
· High level of experience in data analysis techniques and advanced Excel
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for producing client reports and presentations
· A proven grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO
· A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
· Understanding of SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
· Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and SimilarWeb
· Hands-on experience of measuring and analysing online marketing campaigns, ideally multichannel including; organic and paid search, email, affiliate, display and social
· Understanding of biddable media, ideally Search Engine Marketing, either within a media agency or client-side role
· Real passion for the social & digital world and its implications for business
· Eager to grow within Unilever and move around the business (career path likely to be within wider analytical pool)
· Appetite to learn the ‘art of the possible' and then capitalise on this in next role
· Self-starter able to ‘muck in' as required and pick up ways of working quickly
· A functional understanding of HTML and CSS
· An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry
· European languages are also a benefit - Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian & German. Other European languages are very welcome.
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a consistent difference.
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Unilever est une multinationale Anglo-Néerlandaise. Créée en 1930 par la fusion de Lever Brothers et Margarine Unie, cette société est la quatrième mondiale sur le marché de l’agroalimentaire derrière Nestlé, PepsiCo et Kraft Foods. Elle est aussi le premier producteur de glace et de thé au monde.
Chaque jours, 2 milliards de personnes utilisent des produits Unilever qui se vendent dans plus de 190 pays. Unilever emploie plus de 171 000 collaborateurs à travers le monde dans plus de 100 pays et possède plus de 400 marques dans le monde comme par exemple, Ben & Jerry’s, Miko, Lipton pour les boissons et glaces, mais aussi, Alsa, Amora, Knorr dans l’alimentaire, Axe, Dove, Signal dans le soin à la personne et enfin, Sun, Skip ou encore Cif, dans l’entretien de la maison. Son chiffre d’affaires s’élève à 51,3 milliards d’euros. En France Unilever compte 2 800 collaborateurs et génère un chiffre d’affaires de 2,6 milliards d’euros.