Data Scientist / Developer – Hair Care Category, People Data Centre
Digital is changing everything about how consumer goods companies go to market. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in Radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we intend to be at the front of the digital revolution. At the heart of our response to this Digital Revolution is our People Data Centres – delivering powerful ground-breaking insights and facilitating one billion relationships with consumers. We need to blend social data with consumer contact centre data with CRM data with search data with ratings & reviews data and so much more. This will allow incredible insights and precision marketing. You can read more about our dreams in the latest edition of the Harvard Business Review and you can see for yourself with our acquisition of the Dollar Shave Club that our company is investing hugely in this space. We need people with real passion for digital and analytics, who are not afraid to break convention and want to be a ground-breaking within our business.
About the role
The Data Scientist is responsible for enabling the discovery and delivery of insights through statistical analysis of multiple data sets; the creation with coding of the ability for business analysts to do such statistical analysis themselves; and inputting advanced analytics into other projects. The ability to deliver a project end to end in which you match flair and creativity with statistical credibility is essential. As a key part of the delivery team for Unilever's PDC vision, the Data Scientist will make sense of vast amounts of data in a way that enables Unilever's marketers to act and improve the way they engage with our consumers. You will be comfortable with advanced statistical methods from a relevant degree; have strong experience in one of machine learning, natural language processing, artificial intelligence; an ability to code using Python (or R); and a real passion for digital.
· Delivery of end to end projects which sees the discovery of insights via the statistical analysis of multiple data sources and advanced analytics, including media insights & commissioned research
· Build statistical / machine learning models for service delivery
· Build queries and conduct analysis (sentiment, influencers) to fulfil advanced requests
· Provide support, advice and assistance to teams creating advanced analytics services and techniques that are accessible to those of non-statistical backgrounds
· Configuration of advanced tools, such as NLP, visualisation etc, where some domain knowledge is required and/or programming skills are necessary
· Guides and up-skills junior analysts, including occasional review of their output
· Identify people for new services or ways-of-working improvements and feed this into a global centre of excellence to drive service improvement
· Primary delivery responsibility to both the Hair Care Category & assigned regional (market / cluster) brand teams
· Will deliver multiple project at a time
· Collaboration with data analyst peers on model development
· Support the Services Team/Capability Centre on new service development
· Work with other PDC delivery roles to ensure that all outputs are created to a high standard & consistency
Skills & Expertise
· Statistical / econometric / numerical / engineering / computer science background (degree or equivalent)
· Strong data modelling/machine learning/deep learning experience
· Experience of working with APIs (knowledge of building APIs preferred)
· Working knowledge of building data pipelines, ideally in Spark
· Meaningful business experience
· Experience with consumer goods data sets
· Experience with different analytics tools
· Schema design experience
· Experience driving business value from consumer insight
· Experience co-ordinating the introduction of a new internal service or capability at a major organisation.
· Interest in one of machine learning, artificial intelligence or natural language processing
· Passion for the social & digital world and its implications for business
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a consistent difference.
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Unilever est une multinationale Anglo-Néerlandaise. Créée en 1930 par la fusion de Lever Brothers et Margarine Unie, cette société est la quatrième mondiale sur le marché de l’agroalimentaire derrière Nestlé, PepsiCo et Kraft Foods. Elle est aussi le premier producteur de glace et de thé au monde.
Chaque jours, 2 milliards de personnes utilisent des produits Unilever qui se vendent dans plus de 190 pays. Unilever emploie plus de 171 000 collaborateurs à travers le monde dans plus de 100 pays et possède plus de 400 marques dans le monde comme par exemple, Ben & Jerry’s, Miko, Lipton pour les boissons et glaces, mais aussi, Alsa, Amora, Knorr dans l’alimentaire, Axe, Dove, Signal dans le soin à la personne et enfin, Sun, Skip ou encore Cif, dans l’entretien de la maison. Son chiffre d’affaires s’élève à 51,3 milliards d’euros. En France Unilever compte 2 800 collaborateurs et génère un chiffre d’affaires de 2,6 milliards d’euros.