Biological Modeller/Data ScientistJob Title: Biological Modeller / Data Scientist
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus, Benefits & Pension
Location: Colworth Science Park, Sharnbrook UK
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Unilever's Safety and Environmental Assurance Centre (SEAC) is responsible for protecting consumers, workers and our environment by ensuring Unilever's products and processes are safe & sustainable by design. This is a permanent role focussed on the development and application of models and model-driven analyses of biological data to inform safety assessments for Unilever. This role sits within SEAC's computational science team consisting of computational chemists, bioinformaticians, data scientists and mathematical modellers.
Much of the focus of the group is on developing and applying new computational approaches for risk and impact assessment and ensuring that these are embedded within the organisation. The group also provides the models and analyses that support risk and impact assessment of Unilever's diverse portfolio of products. The challenges posed are considerable and the work is exciting and stimulating with an increasing focus on high throughput and high content assay data, systems biology and clinical medicine. For more information please visit our website www.tt21c.org .
This is the chance to tackle a variety of challenges, working across projects that pull in colleagues from diverse disciplines. You will work alongside some of the industry's most respected scientists, learning new computational approaches, growing as a professional and enjoying opportunities to publish and present. In addition, of course, you will have fantastic career opportunities within a successful global company that is focused on winning every day.
· Collaborate with scientists from a variety of backgrounds to understand safety assessment problems
· Contribute to on-going safety assessments by applying critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Provide and present clear, consistent and transparent analyses for risk assessment
· Recommend data requirements for the development of new models and analyses
· Identify, learn, experiment with, apply and promote new analysis techniques and modelling approaches
· Collaborate with others in the computational science team and across SEAC to promote best practice
· Publish and present externally on novel approaches
Key Skills/Essential Qualifications and Experience
· PhD in a quantitative discipline (or commensurate experience) e.g. applied mathematics, computer science or physics
· Evidence of skills in building models based on biological data and incorporating mechanistic knowledge
· Evidence of skills in collecting, combining and analysing biological and chemical data
· Evidence of skills in using computer programming languages e.g. Python, Matlab, R, Java, C++ etc
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to convey complex scientific material in a clear and simple manner
· Knowledge of Bayesian data analysis
· Experience in developing bespoke software tools to meet the needs of scientific users
Proficient in the use of workflow software such as Pipeline Pilot and/or Knime
Experience of applying computational science (e.g. modelling & simulation, machine learning, data science and computational statistics) to biological and/or chemical problems
Standards of Leadership
· Bias for Action
· Growth Mindset
· Accountability & Responsibility
· Consumer and Customer Focus
· Building Talents & Teams
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Online Application >> Face to Face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
For further information about this position please call: 0800 0284390. Please do not contact this number if you are an agency/third party. This number is strictly for candidates only.
They have worked here
Etudiante en économie gestion en recherche d'un emploi d'été
Recherche alternance / Experience Unilever
Jeune diplômée à la recherche de nouvelles opportunités
Etudiant en Master Finance en recherche d'une d’alternance.