We’re a global business, building diverse brands and touching lives all over the world with our products. But that doesn’t stop us caring as much about the sustainability of our business as we do the success of our brands and our people. Together we can feel good about the work we do every day.
Surrounded by inspiring leaders and supportive peers, you’ll work with purpose in an inclusive and diverse culture, bringing fresh ideas and simply being you!
About the Role:
· You would be working 12hr shifts both Day & Night shift rotation, across a 3 week pattern, averaging a 40hr working week.
· This is a permanent role, working full-time during the summer and flexible part-time in the winter.
· You will be based at our Minto factory involved in the processes making our delicious ice-cream Streets brands such as Cornetto, GayTime & Magnum.
· The role of a Basic Operator in our factories can be very varied and include; Filling, Forklift and Materials Transfer, Mixing, Packing and Shaping.
· You are responsible for the safe operation of the equipment focused on quality standards and efficiency. You will also carry out cleaning and inspection activities and record any issues to the Technical Operator to resolve.
· Technical – Basic knowledge and application of technical skills to operate and maintain equipment
· Safety - Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures
· Quality - Monitor quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults
· Teamwork – Team player who is responsible, supportive and good communicator
· Basic mechanical awareness
· Ideally you have completed your HSC with good reading, comprehension, writing & maths ability
· Experience of working as part of an extended team ideally within the manufacturing sector
· Previous experience as an operator/maintainer is highly sought after
· Strong communication skills
You will be joining a company where making a positive impact is our mission. We value and embrace our inclusive and diverse culture where individuality is celebrated. We want everyone to bring their ‘Whole Self’ and this includes you. #uniquelyunilever
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application so that we can support you through the process. For any questions or queries please contact ANZ.Talent@unilever.com