Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
· Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
· Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
· Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com . For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
JOB TITLE: Assistant Finance Manager, Data Analytics (Unilever International)
JOB LOCATION: Singapore
RELOCATION TERMS: Local terms
Unilever International (UI) is unique Unilever Operational Company.
Unilever International serves white spaces wherever they are within new Geographies, New Channels, Consumers and Brands. Starting operations in 2011, Unilever international today is one of the fast growing and highly profitable Unilever Businesses.
UI operates in multiple countries, with numerous distributors & channels, sourcing from various sourcing units globally. Operation Centers are in: Singapore (Headquarters), UK, North America, India and Korea.
Unilever International finance team is the partner for profitable Growth. This role offers a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain exposure to a number of different business models and will allow them to gain both breadth and depth of experience across a range of various finance functions
This is an exciting new role in UI Finance Business Information & Technology (BIT) team, which is tasked with the mandate to drive Analytics at Scale across Hubs, Markets and Categories in Unilever International. The role has two main accountabilities:
· Helps business and functional leaders structure their problem statement (for analytics solutioning). Gathers, analyzes and models data to solve and address complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and support decision making.
· Create an Analytics at Scale capability
· Designs and drives the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modelling, big data and optimization tools
· Collaborates across the wider data science team to develop reusable analytics products/ assets
The vision for the UI BIT team is to grow the business with smarter decisions enabled by analytics. This role will be a key constituent of Singapore Analytics Hub, which will be accountable for driving scaled analytic solutions across markets and finance teams. The expectation of the role is to be an individual contributor on the team who will be focused on mid-level complexity projects that are directed by the Finance Manager and Finance director.
Specifically this role will develop scaled analytic solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics that can be effectively re-applied across categories.
· Implements solutions to problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
· Build data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
· Design large scale models using Logistic Regression, Linear Models Family, Conjoint Analysis, Spatial models, Time-series models, Text mining
· Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
· Analyze and interpret the results of analytics experiments
· Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to wider finance team
· Applies a global approach to analytical solutions-both within a business area and across the enterprise
· The position will work with external resources working for third party providers.
RELEVANT SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
Essential Experience :
· B.S. or M.S. in a relevant technical field. Overall experience of 1-3+ years preferred
· Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
· Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
· Ability to manipulate and analyse complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
· Ability to apply a flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
· Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
· Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS
· Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
· Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
· Analytics Modelling & Techniques Fully Operational
· Data Exploitation Fully Operational
· I&A Technology Working Knowledge
· Data Visualisation Fully Operational
· Product Lifestyle Management Working Knowledge
· Change Management Working Knowledge
· Project Management Working Knowledge
· Strong communication skills and ability to work with peers and demonstrate vertical and lateral influence.
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Online” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application.
*We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified