SALARY: £31,000 - £39,500 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits including bonus, 25 days holiday, Bupa healthcare, Unilever pension scheme, free on-site gym, product discounts, etc.
Please note that the successful candidate will only be starting in this role from January 2019.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Are you ready to work your magic? As the Assistant Global CMI Manager of AXE Deodorants, you will be instrumental in unlocking the insights that drive innovation and communication strategy for the world's #1 male toiletries brand — helping guys everywhere look, smell and feel their most attractive. Ready for the challenge? We thought so.
This role will give you the opportunity to be a strategic partner to the Global Brand team.
It is not just about responding to project research briefs, but addressing open strategic briefs and proactively identifying issues/opportunities that no one else sees and initiating new work around it.
You will become an expert on Gen Z guys; their grooming habits, their dating habits, their fashion, music, gaming and sports passions. You'll understand what makes them tick. You'll understand what makes them tock.
And as the brand plays across multiple markets and categories, at the front line of the content-led, data-driven marketing revolution, you'll have loads of opportunity to experiment with different approaches, on different topics, & generally craft your CMI magic.
Think you've got what it takes? Awesome! Then read on...
· Offer foresight rather than just insight, by proactively identifying consumer and market trends, and using these to craft the brand strategy.
· Facilitate innovation and communication development and deployment insight process and brand performance insight capabilities to guide the business on optimisation and growth opportunity identification and measurement.
· Be independent and deliver fact based, objective views of the business. You will build and give clear point of view on the outcome of the researches and business recommendations to push forward
· Distil insight from primary & secondary research, and be comfortable in turning digital Big Data into opportunities that helps the business grow.
· Deliver through people, demonstrating your ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with a wide spectrum of marketing teams, agencies, CMI expertise teams and external partners to deliver against business needs.
· Operate in a professional manner, applying CMI tools and techniques with rigour and discipline.
· Use your innate ability and passion to understand and empathise with our target guys, and those that buy for them, to deliver valuable insights to the business
· Previous experience in Market Research, CMI Marketing (Agency or Client)
· Ideally previous experience of an FMCG organisation, although this is not essential
· Think strategically – ability to design, develop and land country and cross-category level work
· Ability to provide strategic consumer insight partnership/planner with the business
· A positive attitude and can-do outlook to keep all X-functional partners motivated and inspired to work with the team.
· Develop work which is fact-based rather than fact-filled, focusing on recommendations and outcomes
· Experience with using & applying Big data/digital methods
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal are needed to work with different functions and land insights and messages in a compelling way.
· Ability to build capabilities of CMI & Business Partners, particularly through adoption of new ‘self-serve' systems
· You should also have a depth of experience on Understanding Market Research Fundamentals, and Mastering Market Research Techniques
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.