Summer 2021 Marketing Internship
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Dove, Axe, Tresemme, Lipton, Knorr & Hellmann’s, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Olly, Seventh Generation and Sir Kensington.
Work alongside brilliant and inspiring business leaders and colleagues. If you want to feel proud of what you do and make others proud too, join us. Get a glimpse into life at Unilever and discover how you can help make a better business, a better world and a better you
Background & Purpose of the Job
The 2021 Summer Internship is the primary pathway to beginning a Marketing career at Unilever! The program introduces you to Unilever and its incredible brands through a challenging and rewarding experience that marries the business needs of the company with your learning and development. As an intern, you are assigned a key business project within a brand team to fully own for the duration of the summer. Skill sets utilized and further developed during the Internship are presentation skills, team working, leadership, analytics, strategic thinking, and building insights into action to deliver business solutions.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
As a Marketing intern you will have the opportunity to create solutions to real business challenges for your assigned brand team. Through their projects and teams, Interns are exposed to a wide array of brand marketing activities such as the development of new communication ideas, product development, market analysis, creation of sub-brands, consumer and competitor research, and advertising or creative executions.
· You’re a born leader: You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for “good enough.” You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards.
· You’re a change-maker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
· You’re a strategy guru: You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
· You’re a dot connector: You can learn to navigate a big organization!
· You’re a story teller: You use data to drive actionable insights to illustrate problem-solving and land compelling messages. You craft meaningful stories that resonate with a broad and diverse audience.
· You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
· Currently pursuing Commerce/Business/Management degree with a demonstrated interest in marketing and/or general management.
· Will be in your third or fourth year of University
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Ability to work at our Corporate Head Office 160 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON
· The ideal candidate will need to possess strong leadership competencies, and strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; proactivity and enthusiasm for work in a fast moving, dynamic environment; the ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team; ability to be creative; and the ability to understand complex business issues and demonstrate consumer empathy.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Careers with Purpose | Life at Unilever | Top Notch Brands | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space |
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unliever.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
To receive communication about your application, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication