Product Developer Summer Internship- May-August 2020
A better business. A better world. A better you . At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.
Work alongside brilliant and inspiring business leaders and colleagues. If you want to feel proud of what you do and make others proud too, join us. Get a glimpse into life at Unilever and discover how you can help make a better business, a better world and a better you.
Background & Purpose of the Job
A process development engineer is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a project team:
Assessment of technical feasibility of potential processes and identification of process related items such as capital requirements and safety considerations.
· Development of prototype processes and products. This work is conducted jointly with product developers
· Scale up promising prototypes to pilot scale. Develop processes and identify potential manufacturing issues including special handling of new or unique ingredients.
· Development of process specifications and operating procedures. Participation in plant trials to validate pilot plant/R&D work
· Transition of projects from R&D into the supply chain.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
Undergraduate with Sophomore or Junior status based with Coursework/Major in Chemical Engineering
Ability to conduct an experimental program to generate relevant, high-quality data with subsequent data analysis and interpretation.
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Able to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines
Willingness to relocate
Minimum GPA of 3.0
This Internship Opportunity is available at the following Unilever locations: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Trumbull, CT
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
· Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
· Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we'll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
· Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
· Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we'll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You'll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it's really like to work at Unilever.
5. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication.
If you are an individual with a disability and at any time feel you need an accommodation in order to complete any step of this process, please contact us at NARecruitment@unilever.com or (201) 894-7530.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .