Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
SPECIALTY POLYMERS belongs to Solvay, a global multi-specialty chemical company with more than 27,000 employees, committed to developing innovative solutions for key societal challenges. With more than 1500 products and over 2 billion EU sales, Specialty Polymers, a core Solvay Global Business Unit (GBU), offers the widest range of high-performance polymers in the world. A portfolio that enables our customers to create advanced customized solutions that extend the limits of metal replacement in a wide range of areas from sustainable mobility, to hyperconnectivity and advanced consumer devices to batteries, electrification and efficient energy production, and many more. JOIN US When our science and innovation blends with your energy and passion, Solvay Specialty Polymers becomes the perfect fit to start your career. Join one of the world’s leading chemical companies in which vast international opportunities, motivating benefits and a fulfilling environment are waiting for you.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
· Monitor/supervisor the day-to-day performance of two Material Handler (i.e. MH) work groups.
· There are ~16 employees in the MH Packaging and DOT Groups.
· Manage & Direct the MH work groups by meeting all scheduled requirements needed to support operations and meet quality objectives.
· Champion HSE policies and procedures to ensure all MH’s adhere to set requirements for warehouse and DOT activities. Especially focused around ergonomics, forklift operation, and chemical contact protection.
· Motivate, coach, and develop subordinates to achieve high performance work groups.
· Oversee the operations of the B60 warehouse and the plant inventory of raw materials, finished goods, and packaging supplies.
· Required to backfill for the Compounding supervisor from time to time and be able to perform their required duties.
· Ensure general housekeeping and Champion the “Operation Clean Sweep” initiative for Building 60.
· Manage and Monitor the warehouse material scanners to ensure optimum operability (i.e.software, hardware, wifi)
· Serve as the training and compliance lead for the MH groups.
· Coordination of Hazardous Material packages and Hazardous waste Shipments.
Education and Experience:
· 3-5 yrs in manufacturing or warehouse environment.
· Proven Supervisory/Leadership experience.
· College or technical training applicable to plant operations.
· Compliance background preferred (DOT, OSHA, PSM).
· Documentation & systems approach (high SAP/LAN utilization).
· Conceptual thinking & Analytical thinking.
· Ability to influence change.
· Effective Communication skills – written and spoken.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to facilitate teamwork throughout the organization to accomplish tasks.
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
· Straight day shift position (weekdays).
· Travel would not be a normally required.
· Due to the nature of our business with a small management group in PCU, the successful.
· Candidate may sometimes need to back up colleagues and thus getting involved in activities.
· Not normally associated with the warehouse supervisor role.