Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. The Purchasing & Supply Chain Excellence function ensures Solvay has a sustainable competitive advantage by purchasing products and services through global networks at the best global market conditions.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Role: Supply Chain Analyst
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst for our North America Supply Chain Excellence team; the position is located in Alpharetta, GA. This is a full-time position. The Supply Chain Analyst creates impact by using data to help drive business decisions. Data and business interaction are the bases to identify improvement areas, propose changes, and implement these. The analyst will then collaborate with key business managers from different businesses.
· Provide actionable analysis to drive improvement in the supply chain network
· Establish a collaborative working relationship with teams across the organization to identify opportunities for long-term growth and value
· Lead and manage concurrent global projects and demonstrate effective prioritization skills for maximum value creation
· Leverage knowledgeable and technical skills to efficiently analyze data and present ideas to upper management
· Demonstrate strong change management from preparation to deliver sustainable results
· Develop benchmarks, KPIs, and metrics for business units
· Ability to travel up to 35%
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Chemical or Industrial Engineering
· Experience presenting to upper management
· Experience working in LLamasoft network optimization tool and SAP preferred
· Ability to challenge the status quo and present new ideas
· At least 3 years of experience working in the Supply Chain domain. Consultancy experience or operational experience in chemical or process industry preferred
· Demonstrated strong ability to work with cross functional teams
· Understanding of lean/Six Sigma Principles
· Familiarity with Supply Chain network (logistics, planning and forecasting, transport and distribution).