Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Novecare develops leading edge technologies that affect the behavior of fluids to give them cleansing, softening, moisturizing, hydrating, gelling, texturizing, penetrating or dispersing properties. Its products are found in shampoos, detergents, paints, lubricants, plant protection, mining and oil extraction.
Located in Ospiate, Italy, the job holder reports to Global Agro & Coating and Europe Business Controller. The job covers Ospiate Manufacturing site and external warehousing in EMEA. Mission: The site controller role will partner with the plant management team by providing current and forward looking reliable and timely economic information and analysis used to facilitate decision-making. This role will provide plant management with suggested recommendations for improvement based on the financial results. These improvements should be in the form of cost reductions and improved service to customers. The site controller should be familiar with manufacturing processes as well as supply chain processes to ensure an accurate translation into costing and financial reporting. The site controller acts as liaison with the GBU Finance team and SBS, and will guarantee compliance with and adherence to the standards and procedures defined by Solvay Corporate Finance.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
1.Follow-up closely internal development in own perimeter and relevant economic and market evolutions,prepare annual operating plan and maintain rolling forecasts.
2.Maintain updated knowledge of the concepts, content and tools of the financial databases.
3.Document and understand ERP system, IS tools , and reporting conventions.
4.Organize and coordinate the forecasting process and create annual budget with cross-functional teams in the plants.
5.Provide the GBU Controller with information relevant for the preparation of the GBU budget and rolling forecasts (mainly fixed costs, possibly variable costs, capex, inventories and other performance KPIs).
6.Monitor budget to actual throughout the year and arrange meeting with appropriate teams for accountability.Report material variances to management.
7.Ensure the reliability of cost accounting key figures and P&L reporting.
8.Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
9.Analyse and accurately report current month’s financial results and KPI’s of the plant in accordance with GBU format and time requirements, and explain the evolution of the performance to the plant and GBU management.
10.Perform performance monthly reviews (labor and maintenance cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels)with plant management, including analysis & recommendations aiming at enhancing the financial performance & optimizing assets.
11.Manage the product costing process on site (link with SBS owner of SAP costing)
12.Define the product costing with Production Manager and maintain ERP system accordingly.
13.Analyse variable and production fixed costs, variances on yields and consumptions monthly.
14.Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
15.Periodically perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly.
17.Collect local business information to propose accruals to local accounting.
18.Update cost accounting structure following business and industrial needs
19.Analyse potential NPI inventory items monthly.
20.Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
21.Reconcile inter-company accounts monthly.
22.Participate in development CAPEX projects and, once implemented, monitor performance on an ongoing basis.Report to management.
23.Attend plant production meetings and perform walkthroughs of the plants with the Plant Manager to discuss production and costing issues.
24.Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing and plant management to discuss the plant issues. Develop and publish a formal agenda and recap with actions to be taken.
25.Manage financial projects, and assist in the completion of special projects as a financial expert.
26.Perform internal controls at the plant for finance.
27.Assure adherence to Group Finance standards and procedures, and deploy internal controls and messages on site, raise awareness within site team.
Education and Experience:
·B.S in Accounting or Finance Degree CPA with 2+ years public accounting (audit) preferred
3 years of manufacturing accounting experience.
· Strong analytical capabilities–Project management and cross-functional communicationskills.
· Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports and projections with a strong attention to detail in accordance with the Group management cycles calendar.
· Ability to analyse financial results and suggest a plan for improvement where needed.
· Must have strong technical and analytical skills with solid cost accounting background.
· Ability to monitor budget vs. actual and implement monitoring through appropriate cross functional teams.
· Deliver timely accurate financial information, challenge & advice to plant management team for decision making.
· Proactive involvement in compliance and audit.
· Strength with Office software : extensive use of Excel; Excellent PC and related systems skills; SAP, Business Objects and Business Warehouse knowledge a must
· Demonstrated ability to make solid, objective, ethical decisions.
· Able to maintain strict confidence in financial sensitive information, and demonstrate a high level of integrity.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment and interact effectively with other groups and departments, clients and partners.
· Ability to multitask and function in a matrix organization a must.
· Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
· Excellent spoken and written Italian and English.
CV in English is required.