Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program.Technology Solutions is a global leader in specialty mining reagents, phosphine-based chemistry, and solutions for stabilization of polymers. Its portfolio includes world class, leading-edge technologies and unrivaled technical service and applications expertise that support our customers in developing tailor-made solutions, in particular for mining, where Solvay's products allow customers to extract metal concentrates from increasingly more complex and depleted ores.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Role: PA Technical Service Associate Engineer
· Develop and report pertinent technical data in customer focused projects
· Technical lead for manufacturing scale-up of new products
· Provide appropriate recommendation of Polymer Additives products to customers
· Visit customers, present at conferences, and gather information of customer/market unmet needs
· Stay up-to-date with technology development in core market segments
· Work with plant to implement and adopt advanced in-process QC technologies
· Qualification of New raw material sources
· Maintain calibration and maintenance schedule for designated PA laboratory equipment
· Document, maintain and update Laboratory TSR Project database in accordance to Stamford Lab Procedure
· Coordinate and execution of Joint Customer Technical Service Work Request (TSR) in a timely manner
· Work together with field Technical Service and Sales Team to provide data summary and project update on a monthly basis
· Participate in lab operations including polymer processing, data acquisition, data summary, data analysis, preparation of interim and final customer presentations and project updates for customer related projects.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or Related Field
· 0-5 years’ experience in polymer field
· Able to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues
· Operation of typical polymer testing and measuring equipment: injection molding, polymer extruder, colorimeter, gloss meter, physical property (Instron), thermal oven, QUV, Melt-flow Tester, heated press, etc.
· High Analytical Skills – Insightful analysis of data.
· Strong customer orientation and marketing/commercial mindset.
· Proactive, initiative, entrepreneurial, dynamic, flexible and able to multitask.
· Extroverted, pronounced interest in new ideas, high level of creativity.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Able to work in a team setting.
· Able to engage in innovation dialogues with customers.
· Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and maintain projects on target and on schedule.
· Customer focus: candidate required to be dedicated and sensitive to the customer needs.