Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. Novecare develops and produces formulations that alter the properties of liquids. It offers solutions to the oil and gas industry using an extensive range of surface chemistries combined with applications expertise. Novecare also provide specialty solutions for certain industrial applications, agricultural, and coatings markets.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Role: Maintenance Planner/ Scheduler
We are currently searching for a Maintenance Planner/Scheduler that will be responsible for planning and scheduling all maintenance work including day-to-day activities, one-day outages, and major shut downs. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler manages transactions for maintenance activities within SAP. The position will work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and the Production Supervisor to plan and schedule maintenance work for the work schedule. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler works with the technical department to ensure maintenance follows process requirements and maintains the equipment within correct specifications.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
· Organizing work in an orderly, proactive manner utilizing the schedule to minimize production downtime and build in equipment reliability.
· Effectively plan jobs with details, including the scope of work, fully defined materials necessary to accomplish the job (including job kitting parts), coordinate all necessary pre-job steps (e.g. scaffolding, etc.), and thoroughly evaluate the plan to address all safety concerns.
· Effectively plan jobs to increase the efficiency of maintenance resources, allowing more work to be performed in a shorter amount of time and with fewer resources.
· Proper execution and closure of maintenance work orders daily.
· Work closely with storeroom to ensure proper MRO parts are available and creation and updating of BOM (Bill of Materials) for routine jobs.
Quality and Documentation
· Ensure correct materials of construction are used in maintenance repairs and improvement including certification of materials.
· Accurately document material usage and contractor activities and subsequent costs of maintenance through transactions in the CMMS (SAP).
· Assist in identifying root causes and implement corrective action for quality and reliability issues.
HSE Administration and Compliance:
· Fully participate in plant HSE initiatives
· Complete computer base training to comply with health, safety, and environmental requirements and policies
· Excellent working knowledge of life critical policies and procedures
· Hazard recognition and permit identification for all planned work. Written communication on the work orders along with verbal communication as needed.
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Requires working knowledge of chemical plant equipment (pumps, piping, heat exchangers, vessels, instrumentation, etc.) along with a background in maintenance and repair of this equipment in order to effectively plan daily maintenance department actives.
· This knowledge is gained through 5 or more years’ of industrial experience in a chemical plant, or other related industry, and 3 years working in maintenance.
· Experience with a CMMS system such as SAP or the equivalent.
· Excellent organizational skills for planning all maintenance work along with good verbal communication skills for facilitating cooperation with all other departments.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and manage daily activities.
· Demonstrated problem solving ability
· Demonstrated willingness to take on more responsibility and difficult assignments.
· Good computer and written communication skills.
· Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is required. Knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and SAP a plus.
· Previous experience or familiarization with ordering spare parts and working within MRO storeroom requirements is a plus.
· Working knowledge of mechanical integrity of vessels, tanks, piping, rotating equipment, and other assets within the plant is preferred.
· Working knowledge of Solvay MOC processes.