Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. Solvay Busines Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major end-to-end administrative processes as well as the information services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: strategic agility and customer centricity, service excellence and talents and innovation.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Composite Materials combines 50 years of technology heritage to bring a comprehensive product portfolio, expertise in material design, and extensive process engineering solutions to our customers. As the partner of choice for advanced materials development, we deliver optimal material solutions to address our customers’ most challenging demands for new high-performance materials to improve durability and production, while offering weight savings for the end application.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Main duties and responsibilities
· Followup and ensure the IT infrastructure support services in place are delivered according to the company road map and business needs and expectations
· Followup and coordinate 3rd parties IT suppliers’ support activities
· Build and maintain good business relationships with internal end users and internal customers on the good basis of IT services levels, approved processes and best practices in the group to ensure the customers satisfaction
· Plan, budget and manage hardware end of life activities (PCs, servers, printers..)
· Manage infrastructure external suppliers and inventories in the scope
· Play an active role as team member in the different infrastructure team networks in the organization (local and global teams and networks)
· Be IT infrastructure sites services coordinator representative in the different sites and location of the group in the regions under his/her responsibility (i.e. EEMEA, DACH)
· Design or participate in designing procedures for the use of IT resources and IT processes
· Advise management with the goal of making the appropriate IT decisions and choices
· Comply with and apply forward all safety and security rules and guidelines of the group
· Work with other IT professionals to ensure upholding IT standards
· Perform other ad-hoc projects or tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
Education and experience
· Bachelor or equivalent degree in IT and/or Microsoft systems certified professional or solutions expert is a plus.
· Proven previous working experience at similar IT positions or activities for at least 4 years
· In-depth knowledge of a variety of IT systems, databases and applications. Familiarity network LAN/WAN solutions and applications
· Previous experience in help desk support will be an advantage
· Good level of English language is mandatory
· A technical, logical and analytical thought process. Problem-solving skills.
· An ability to stick to strict deadlines. An ability to prioritize and delegate
· High Customer-in-mind sense and attitude
· An ability of comfortable working in multicultural organization with team members located in and outside the country
· Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Readiness and good planning schedule of own business travels to Solvay locations under his responsibility as per the business need