Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. Solvay Busines Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major end-to-end administrative processes as well as the information services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: strategic agility and customer centricity, service excellence and talents and innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Role: Infrastructure Site Services Coordinator
· The Infrastructure Site Services Coordinator (ISSC) will be responsible for the following:
· Develop working relationships with site management
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Capable of performing basic project management functions like budget management, resource balancing and project time tracking.
· Ability to assist with contract negotiations and provide guidance, influence requests and provide solutions to customers.
· Responsible for oversight of regionally assigned sites.
· Function as primary escalation point for all IT related issues at supported locations.
· May be called upon to lead infrastructure projects and to provide IT related technical recommendations and solutions. This includes recommending and implementing solutions concerning computer related hardware and software to enhance the computing environment.
· Will be called upon to leverage specific areas of expertise and to participate in regional/global projects.
· Will function as a liaison between site management teams and corporate IT to assist in helping sites determine needs and to plan for any required enhancements to meet needs of future projects.
· Will be a contributing IT team member responsible for promoting, implementing, and enforcing corporate standard policies, procedures, hardware and software.
· Providing a full range of IT support services to a selected number of sites as well as providing oversight and occasional project management and implementation as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· Degree in Computer Science/Business Computing/IT Management or equivalent experience in the IT/IS field
· Two years of related experience
· Familiarity with IT infrastructure in a chemical manufacturing environment
· Networking experiencing including but not limited to VLANs, TCP/IP, routing and switching
· Understanding of network cabling (CAT5e, 6 and Fiber Optic) technologies
· Must be able to travel as required
· The ability to interface with varied levels of personnel (shop floor to plant management)