Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. Novecare develops and produces formulations that alter the properties of liquids. It offers solutions to the oil and gas industry using an extensive range of surface chemistries combined with applications expertise. Novecare also provide specialty solutions for certain industrial applications, agricultural, and coatings markets.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
To operate within and maintain all appropriate Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Standards in order to ensure that the products and services provided by the site comply with regulatory and company standards and customer expectations.
To support the HSE Manager/Department to coordinate existing health and safety programs for the sites’ safety, health and environmental programs and record keeping in line with regulations and company policies. Develop programs which will improve health, safety and wellness of employees.
· Ensure that all HSE rules and guidance are followed.
· Site Permit Coordinator
· Produce, deliver and assess HSE training, including Behaviour safety training
· Carrying out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
· Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
· Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented, including cooling towers and safety equipment
· Complete area inspection findings and producing reports.
· Investigate incidents, accidents and near misses to determine root cause and solutions.
· Complete HSE audits and be part of the Internal auditor team
· Key contact for neighbour HSE enquiries
· Update and manage the Socrates system (COSHH)
· Key contact for PPE issues and continual improvement
· HSE Purchase orders
· Interaction with off-site authorities
Education and Experience:
· Knowledge of Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Management Systems
· Working appreciation of the site processes with regard to the application of Quality and HSE systems
· IOSH/NEBOSH trained
· Industrial manufacturing Experience, ideally in a chemical environment
· Good communication and team skills, along with change management experience
· Good IT skills.
· Problem solving ability
· Ability to manage own work load