Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. The Purchasing and Supply Chain Excellence function ensures Solvay has a sustainable competitive advantage by purchasing products and services through global networks at the best global market conditions.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a global Category Buyer (CB) in the Brussels, Belgium area.
Global Category Buyer will have category responsibility and accountability for Lab
Equipment, Instrumentation and DCS Categories at Solvay’s manufacturing plants.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing category strategies for the
assigned categories by working collaboratively with internal customers to drive value
and TCO optimization, and negotiating and implementing contracts with global
As part of central procurement team, global CB will align with regional
procurement managers, global counterparts and Global Business Units.
Global CB is responsible for ongoing supplier management and contract ownership, including
identification of cost savings opportunities and submission of performance
He/she is responsible for vendor performance and qualification of vendors
including adherence to Corporate Social Responsibilities and Sustainability.
Education and Experience:
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Strategic procurement within chemical industry or
BS in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (preferred) or in Business or
Supply Chain or related field
· Strong negotiation skills, strong analytical quantitative and problem solving skills
· Experience in global category strategies development
· Knowledge of procurement processes, ability to analyze market trends and forecasting
· Industrial plants experience
· Ability to work in a complex matrix organization and in cross functional teams in positive collaborative manner
· Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, Google Docs
· Must be able to adapt to fast moving environment and changing priorities
· Excellent communication skills in English + French or German or Italian
· SAP knowledge is a plus