A vacancy exists for a Chemical Process Operator based at Halifax Site, reporting to the Shift Team Leader. Job Purpose Operating as a member of the Production Team you will ensure safe, environmentally compliant and efficient operation of all plants and equipment on site, to meet production schedules and targets. The plants run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and you will be working on a 12 hour shift pattern.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
· To operate all plants and equipment in a safe and effective manner, to maximise the sites potential profitability while complying with internal rules and policies and external regulations.
· Follow defined process instructions and quality procedures
· Packing out and labelling of product
· Maintain accurate process records
· Carry out Laboratory testing and data entry onto LIMS
· Maintain good housekeeping standards and carry out safety, environmental, production and housekeeping audits
· Contribute to continuous improvement of all aspects of the operation of the plants and take active role in accident/incident investigations.
· To prepare the plant for maintenance work as instructed and submit maintenance requisitions and incident reports where necessary
· Take prompt and appropriate action in case of an emergency
· Ensure complete and accurate handover occurs
· Assist maintenance and/or logistics/production support personnel as instructed
· Use of FLT and SAP as required to complete the requirements of the job
· To problem solve quickly and accurately
Education and Experience:
Experience of chemical batch plant operation is essential. Candidates must be proficient users of SAP and able to operate a fork lift truck.
The candidate must be able to work as part of a team to meet production targets in a safe and efficient manner.