Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. Solvay Busines Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major end-to-end administrative processes as well as the information services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: strategic agility and customer centricity, service excellence and talents and innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Cash Collection team is part of the Customer Credit & Trade Process and is responsible for improving the payment behavior of the Solvay customers and to contribute to the free cash-flow target of the Group.
As a Cash Collector you will be responsible for:
· Managing a portfolio of customers geographically located in German-speaking countries;
· Analyzing the customers’ accounts and identifying the payment behavior of the customers;
· Work with customer by phone and e-mail to reduce the payment cycle and to ensure customers respect the payment terms agreed;
· Identifying the reasons blocking the payment and ensuring their resolution to enable the prompt payment;
· Answer customer questions, provide invoice copies and other documentation to facilitate customer payment;
· Preparing reports to the different Businesses to communicate on overdue status and actions launched (be the preferred contact for every Solvay Business company);
· Collaborating with different stakeholders (Accounts Receivable, Credit Management , Sales and Customer Service teams) to solve any issues and improve the process performance;
· Developing and implementing initiatives to improve the process efficiency.
Education and Experience:
· University degree (Finance is a plus but other backgrounds are also considered)
· Fluent in German and English
· Autonomous, ready to take initiative and results oriented
· Good telephone communication skills with developed negotiation techniques
· Ability to follow-up and follow through with multiple tasks
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient in Excel
· Indicate any skills that are a plus
· Experience with other tools is a plus (SAP, Excel, VBA, Predictive Analysis)