Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Business Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major End-to-End administrative processes as well as the Information Services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: Strategic agility & Customer centricity - Service excellence - Talents & innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Role: Information Systems Project & Support Engineering
The candidate we are looking for would work within an international team on Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). The scope is Information Technology (IT) with industrial light understanding (this qualification can be acquired at work). We are in charge of coordinating, designing, rolling out and providing 2nd and 3rd level support for several World Wide MES systems.
In our team, we rely on people with the potential to become autonomous enough to coordinate MES stakeholders while working on daily activities with international coworkers and partners.
This position can be located in Bristol, PA or Princeton, NJ. The role may require occasional domestic travels and occasional travels to Lyon, France.
· While relying on existing commercial solutions, define software specifications within Solvay’s environment.
· Draft installation guides and associated processes.
· Configuration, administration, monitoring and support of applications.
· Roll-out of applications.
· Promotes and contributes to new technology.
· Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
· Create documentation of our systems (applications, network architecture, inventory) and review them regularly.
· Coach members of IT on our technologies, applications, and best practices.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related area.
· A minimum of two years experience in Information Technology.
· Ability to recognize problems, develop solutions and communicate solutions effectively.
· Teamwork ability in a multicultural team.
· Good organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new skills on the job.
· Handles multiple tasks efficiently.
· Microsoft Windows Servers and Workstations
· TCP/IP and firewall understanding
· Microsoft Office Suite l
· Computer Networking skills
· Being able to read and write scripts on the go
Desired Skills (willing to train):
· Google Suite for office documents and communication
· Microsoft Active Directory (medium-light)
· Cloud computing
· Advanced skills on one of the following MES technologies: Aspen Manufacturing Suite (InfoPlus.21, APRM, a1PE); Osisoft PI, including AF and PI Vision;
· Wonderware (Historian and Batch historian, Skeleta)
· Programming language background would be an asset
Solvay is not offering sponsorship for this position at this time.
Strongly encouraging recent college grads with a desire to learn this skills set to apply.