Auto req ID: 194963BR
Within the PepsiCo Global Template (PGT) deployment in ESSA (Wave 1) the SAFe / Agile framework for Large Solutions will be applied so the program team is structured in order to support these principles and practices.
Each workstream team in the deployment will include a Scrum Master master role who will guide the team using Agile techniques and ceremonies while adopting and adhering to Agile principles and ways of working from the Global Template project.
This role will also interact with the PGT ESSA Wave1 Program Manager who will establishing the direction on Program Management activities, setting up the governance and ways of working, controlling progress, ensuring risk mitigation and working to resolve conflicts between projects/ workstreams.
This role requires wide experience in development and implementation of information systems and technology, strong project management background and proven experience using Agile practices, showing proficiency on managing a group of IT professionals and all ranges of business stakeholders with a high degree of initiative to get things done in a global matrixed organization.
· Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership – Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset. Helps the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles, and implement SAFe practices.
· Supports the team rules – The rules of an Agile Team are lightweight, but they are rules nonetheless, and the Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing them. These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed.
· Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals – The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. They help the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
· Leads team efforts in relentless improvement – Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective. Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
· Facilitates meetings – Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective.
· Supports the Product Owner – The Scrum Master helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
· Eliminates impediments – Many blocking issues will be beyond the team’s authority or may require support from other teams. The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
· Promotes SAFe quality practices – SAFe provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD). The Scrum Master helps foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams.
· Builds a high-performing team – Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; helps individuals and teams through personnel changes.
· Protects and communicates – Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
· Responsibilities on the train – The Scrum Master helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate well on the train.
· Coordinates with other teams – The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and they pass information from that meeting back to the team (see Program Increment for more details). They often coordinate with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture, and Shared Services. It is important to note, however, that the responsibility for inter-team coordination cannot be delegated entirely to the Scrum Master; every team member shares responsibility in that regard.
· Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events – Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt.
· Supports estimating – Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities.
· University education (BS /BA level) or higher required
· Strong IT background with minimum 3 years’ experience of managing complex Agile Project delivery as a Scrum Master
· 3 years hands on experience on project financial management and IT vendor management required
· Experience applying Agile practices to ERP related initiatives highly valued
· Previous experience of a transformation from Waterfall to Agile Delivery, highly valued
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM), CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification preferred
· The ability to use scrum project management tools e.g. Azure DevOps
· Experience with traditional Project Management methodologies, PMP, Prince2, etc. preferred
· CPG experience preferred
· Business-level proficiency in English in mandatory
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.