Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
· Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
· Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
· An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
· Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
· A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
· A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Alameda, CA location in the Diabetes Care division where we're focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
As the Product Manager, Hospital/Government team, U.S you will assist in developing marketing strategies and tactics to drive the growth of the FreeStyle Libre brand in these channels.
What You’ll Work On
Assist in achieving U.S. sales and margin by assisting in the development of marketing strategies and tactics in Hosp/Gov channels
Monitor U.S. market trends, customer behavior/feedback, and competitive activities to identify market opportunities in our channels
Ability to translate product, clinical, and scientific information into meaningful Healthcare Professional messaging
Lead and manage creative agencies to deliver effective marketing materials to support field sales
Develop KPIs and analysis to monitor the performance of marketing programs, and adjust tactics as needed
Partner with Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Legal, and OEC colleagues to ensure the development and approval of compliant and effective promotional tactics
Demonstrate independence by prioritizing and completing assignments
Prepare sample forecasts and budget
Own and manage the budget for his/her projects. Maintains tracking of a budget file and communicates updates to the team’s budget owner
Bachelors Degree (preferably in Marketing, Business, Life Sciences or related field) with at least 4-6 years related experience, with at least one year of experience in marketing or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years of related experience.
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize, and drive results with a high sense of urgency and an ability to think creatively, strategically, and quickly and to learn and act quickly
· Self-motivated and proactive with a strong work ethic and proven track record of executing with excellence in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of all aspects of brand marketing including positioning, branding, campaign development, and channel mix
· Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for medical devices or Rx products preferred. The ability to work through barriers and Regulatory constraints is a must
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Strong analytical skill – Proven ability to identify/define business questions and issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis
· Strong project management and conflict resolution skills –the ability to manage complex projects and programs. Ability to pull the appropriate level, functional, and cross-functional teams together to support initiatives
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is
$104,300.00 – $208,500.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf