🔍Houston, Texas, United States
Finance & Insurance
📅 7847Total Views
📅 190002XXRequisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world's energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
The Financial Analyst provides financial and strategic support to assigned project teams ensuring proper accounting treatment, control environment and financial analysis. Major function will be project accounting and analysis.
· Regularly interfaces with department staff, business unit and/or divisional management and frequently internal and external partners to present financial performance and problem resolution.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
· Prepares month end journal entries – ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
· Calculates the quarterly intercompany revenue.
· Coordinates with Accounts Receivables all intercompany invoicing is prepared on a timely basis.
· Coordinates and reviews monthly the cost forecast reports prepared by the cost controllers – ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
· Reviews monthly and quarterly cost forecasts for respective project.
· Responsible for proper revenue recognition for assigned projects.
· Provides finance support to cost controllers.
· Responsible for month end activities (i.e. sales and billings variance analysis, project reviews, etc.)
· Reviews cost move requests.
· Responsible for ensuring assigned projects meet all internal compliance and control requirements.
· Assists with training and coaching team members to improve skill level, to ensure adherence to principles, policies and standards and to improve quality and processes. Facilitates communications, problem resolution and provides appropriate feedback, both positive and corrective within the team.
· Understands and expands knowledge of commercial terms for respective portfolios.
· Assists with external audit requests and SOX testing as needed.
· Assists others with ad-hoc reporting needs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Typically will have impact on budgeting, controlling costs, planning, scheduling and procedural changes. Oversees preparation of monthly project reports for project team reviews.
· Reviews the cost control systems, interprets cost trends and develops analysis to identify trends/issues. Works with little direct supervision and reports progress to manager.
· Uses thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices and accepted internal business processes and procedures.
· Ability to identify root cause of problems and develop alternative solutions.
· Uses creativity and independent judgment to solve problems based on principles, experience and constructive thinking. Performs assignments that are usually broad in nature and require initiative, judgment and creativity.
· Probable errors may have serious consequences on the financial statements and internal compliance. Errors can have significant impacts on the financials through improper recognition or misrepresentations. Errors are detected through financial statement reviews, analysis, margin reconciliations and audit.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
· Minimum two to four years of related accounting or financial analysis experience.
· Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Excel). Oracle/GEOS experience a plus.
· Project Accounting a plus.
· Ability to work independently and to solve non-recurring problems.
· Ability to play key role in large projects.
· Good level of analytical ability and attention to detail.
· Good communication skills to interact with all levels of management and peers of various backgrounds
· Demonstrates leadership potential, organization and time management.
· Local Operating Procedures, Required HSE training, Advanced Personal Computer and Systems Training, Cross-functional training through special projects. Completes all training assigned in a timely manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Spends most of time in an office environment.
· Frequent sitting and operating computer.
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.