🔍Rome, Rome, Italy
📅 7080Total Views
📅 180001CJRequisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Job Title: Junior Package Engineer
Location: Rome (Engineering Department – Equipment – Package Units Section)
Short Job Summary:
She/He will work inside the Package Units Section that is in charge of the management of Package Units on Proposals, FEED and EPC Projects.
Packages are multidisciplinary and process-oriented Units that are defined by their functionality. Every included component (e.g. pump, compressor, valve, vessel, electric motor, Instrument, control system or anything else) is important for the functioning of the Package as a whole. They have critical interfaces with the rest of the plant, thus are often highly co-engineered.
The candidate will initially manage the inquiry, the procurement and the detailed engineering phase of simple Units. She/he will therefore progressively manage bigger and more complex Package Unit.
· Hierarchically report to thePackage UnitsSection Head;
· Key interactions are with:
· Internally: Project teams, Procurement dept. Construction dept., Engineering dept., others engineering disciplines;
· Externally: clients, vendors, suppliers.
The role and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Ensure timely and qualitative preparation of project technical specifications in coordination with other disciplines;
· Prepare the material requisition for inquiry;
· Review the receipt Bids and align them during technical meetings;
· Prepare the material requisition for purchase;
· Manage the detailed engineering phase and the technical follow up of the orders ensuring proper communication with vendors;
· Adhere to the committed man/hours and budget;
· Ensure timely reporting on engineering / requisitioning activities to the Lead Discipline Engineer;
· Meet quality and HSE objectives of the project;
· Interface with other discipline specialist engineers and possibly project support functions such as procurement and planning.
· Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
· Fluent in English;
· Computer literate;
· Capability to perform the work on time with the required Company quality level;
· Communication skills;
· Attitude to work in team and in an international environment;
· Availability to international mobility for either short or long term assignment.
Nice to have:
- Manufacturing Workshop or Site experience.
- Knowledge of Industrial Plant.