🔍Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Finance & Insurance
📅 320Total Views
📅 180004EARequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
To provide financial control and management reporting for both Commercial (Project) and Operational (manufacturing) aspects of the Business, both internally within TUS, and to Group.
Main function of job
The Cost Controller is responsible for reporting project financial performance. This includes; presenting project financial performance to management, maintaining the accuracy/integrity of data in all reports/systems (control), supporting the Project teams with accurate and timely information, and supporting the Treasury function with accurate cashflow forecast information for significant Projects (>EUR 5M).
In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
Main duties (in order of priority)
· Presentation and interpretation of project financial reports for management review (LOP).
· Investigation of variances between actual and previous forecast/budgeted costs.
· Control and challenge procurement/subcontract costs.
· To liaise with Manufacturing Costs Control to ensure manufacturing costs are understood and to identify risks to the forecast.
· Contract Knowledge – to understand specifics of Contract such as invoicing (Milestones, progress…), Options, Contract variations and LDs etc.
· Liaising on a day to day basis with the Project teams, ensuring all reports reflect the operational and financial status of the project.
· Ensuring invoicing procedure adhered to in a timely manner, with all supporting calculations and documentation provided to the Client as required.
· To ensure the Project Plans are understood, including analysing of project float and schedule risk.
· To support the costing of all Major project related NCRs.
· Workload – to provide Project Management and Engineering workload reporting on a monthly basis, aligned to deadlines.
· To ensure all necessary interfaces and processes are adhered to within IFS.
· To support Treasury function with accurate/timely cashflow forecast information by project, to support Group reporting requirements.
· To support Accounts Receivable in addressing overdue invoices – liaising with Client/PM to resolve.
· To understand the Currency/Hedging requirements of the project, and liaise with Treasury when necessary to amend. To analyse and estimate any foreign exchange (primarily translation) effects on project and report/account for accordingly.
· Working to the deadlines set, and being responsible for own time management/workload.
· To support other team members/PCCs where necessary.
· To liaise with the Finance function to provide information to support journal entries, to capture late costs, provisions and revenue recognition.
· To liaise with the Financial Reporting Controller to ensure the financial reporting timetables and standards are adhered to.
· To ensure all project reporting (incl Project dashboard) is kept up to date.
· To ensure projects are Closed in a timely Manner (LOP completed and Project closed in IFS – aligned to procedure).
· To provide support to Ad-hoc studies as identified.
The individual performance and assessment criteria shall be established during the annual appraisal assessment between the employing Manager and jobholder.
There are no supervisory responsibilities attached to this position
Health & Safety responsibilities
All personnel are responsible to ensure their compliance with H&S Management Systems in accordance with the principles, objectives and targets of the company's policy and in compliance with statutory provisions, taking account the complexity and business risks involved in operations.
Qualifications /Experience required
AAT Qualified (preferable but not mandatory)
3-5 years previous experience in a similar role.
Excel spreadsheet skills and competency in IFS, MS Word and Powerpoint.
· Customer focus
· Peer relationships
· Priority Setting
· Problem Solving