Description de l'offre
🔍Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
📅 1235Total Views
📅 180003HZRequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Job Title:Control Systems Engineer
Provide support on control systems fleet wide to allow operation, maintenance, upgrade and replacements. Additionally to ensure all control systems are installed and maintained in compliance with legislation and statutory codes
Reporting lines and interactions:
Hierarchically reports to:
Control Systems Superintendent
Operationally reports to:
Graduates, vendors and key sub-contractors
Key interactions (internally, externally):
Internal: Fleet project teams, vessel superintendents, vessel crew, asset managers, Marine New Build teams, regional project teams and OSLT
External: Key vendors and sub-contractors
Job Scope (budget, management, specific criteria):
·Provide Support on controls systems fleet wide including new build systems and fleet projects
Control System Design
·Concept design for new control systems (centralised, decentralised, dual redundant, safety control systems)
·Design and development of control system functional specifications (software, hardware and instrumentation)
·PLC programming, testing, installation and commissioning as required
·Design of HMI and SCADA interface/front end
·Specification and configuration of VSD
·Development of safety control systems to relevant IEC standards to compliment process and ensure a robust control system is provided
·Generation of drawings, schematics, I/O lists, functional design specifications, tender documentation, testing, installation and commissioning documentation, operation and maintenance manuals to support each of the above stages
Control System Support
·Support all aspects of control system maintenance and upgrades including all steps outlined in system design (above)
·Support all stages of design, testing, installation and commissioning of new and modified control systems including hands-on assistance where required
·Audit/investigation of existing control systems, establish functionality and criticality on existing assets
·Identify and manage obsolescence issues with control systems
·Support incident investigation into control system failures, including occasional out of hours support/travel as required
·Ensure that TechnipFMC possesses, maintains and manages up to date copies of control system documents and control system code through the use of document control processes and selected tools
·Management of 3rd party vendors during design, procurement, production, testing, installation and commissioning of as build data stages. This will include direct supervision of 3rd party personnel on TechnipFMCsites/vessels
·Develop and support a maintenance, inspection and audit regime across all control systems within TechnipFMCassets, incorporate into TechnipFMC maintenance software (InforEAM)
·Provision of specialist control system support to peer disciplines within Asset Operations including diving, pipelay, mobile equipment, cranes and electrical
·Comply with and support the T-MOS project Management process in all aspects of work/deliverables including provision of support to T-MOS project managers
·Develop strategic relationships with key suppliers and ensure that standardisation exists across TechnipFMC Control Systems
Qualifications (professional, technical, academic):
·Engineering degree (or relevant qualification) in Electrical Engineering or Electronics/Instrument Engineering
·Fluent in English and holds English language qualification where appropriate
Typical background and experience required:
·Several years in marine/offshore industry environment. Working knowledge of the following or similar Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER), DNV Rules for Electrical Installation, IEC Electrical and control system standards
·Knowledge of primary movers and other large marine electrical installations
·Control systems experience including knowledge of programming, design and instrumentation of PLC, HMI, SCADA and VSD
·Understanding of Electrical protection, isolations and control system safety integration including installation and inspection procedures
·Software: familiarity of use with packages such as PLC, HMI, SCADA and VSD software (Siemens Simatic Step7)
Nice to have:
·Recognised training in Step7, WinCC, WinCC Flexible, Distributed Safety & InTouch/Wonderware Studio design and support Knowledge/experience of power management control systems
·Experience of site working and direct management of personnel
Required for position:
·Autonomy: able to work with minimal technical supervision but seeks clarification when required
·Ability to prioritise own workload and integrate into a team when required
·Willingness to mobilise at very short notice as required
·Willingness to accept responsibility
·Ability to follow several projects simultaneously
·Able to work in a multi-national environment on a worldwide basis
·Mobility (short term business trips and onsite visits)
· Ability to work under pressure
· Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behaviour.
· Maintain behaviour in compliance with HSES requirements.
· Report any unsafe or environmentally unsound acts and conditions to their immediate Supervisor such that remedial action can be taken to manage the risk.
· Reinforce and strengthen the HSES culture at every opportunity in operations and projects.
· Promote correct HSES behaviours through personal example.
· Take action upon any health, safety, security and environmental matter brought to their notice, and report to their Manager on any matter which they are unable to rectify.
· Ensure that the modification of all systems and equipment onboard vessels under your management are controlled via TMOS MAF process
· Ensure that an approved quality pack which may include some or all of the following documentation is produced for all workscopes carried out by 3rd parties onboard (Method statement, Risk Assessment, Inspection & Test Plan (ITP), installation Procedures & Vendor Qualifications, Electrical Calculations, and As Built Drawings).
· Ensure that all workscopes managed onsite are carried out under the ISSOW (Worksafe) as appropriate and ensure that all necessary training is provided to contractors arranged to attend the vessel/worksite.
· Ensure that all impaired Safety Critical Elements (SCE) are risk assessed for continued operations with suitable mitigations in place.
· Ensure management are advised of any impaired SCE
· Ensure that Vendor Document Requirement Lists are used to define mandatory documentation deliverables when ordering parts, equipment or services