Who You'll Work With
In this role, you will work with Security Account Managers to research and build pipeline in new sales territories. In this highly prized role, excellent phone and email skills and the ability to swiftly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. We're looking for professionals with strong organisational and follow up skills who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a second European language will enhance your candidacy for this role. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you.
Where you work….
Our London office is located in the heart of the West End. Access to the Tube, main line railway stations and bus stops is easy. You work with a close-knit team of superheroes bringing Umbrella's unique and disruptive security solution to EMEAR. And as the international pioneers of one of the fastest growing business's at Cisco, you'll have the opportunity to blaze new trails in an untapped region. Even though you'll be across the pond from your colleagues at HQ in San Francisco, we'll make sure you still feel like part of the Umbrella family. We have equipped the office with cutting edge facilities, regular office social events and plenty of swag.
What You'll Do...
Set qualified meetings for our Account Managers through cold calling and strategic outreach.
Help build and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory
Research and build new and existing accounts
Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
Master the Cisco Cloud Security Selling Methodology
Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities
- Maturity and Professionalism - BDRs work with cross functional teams from different backgrounds and hierarchy daily.
- Highly Motivated - BDRs are set critical metrics, these include number of calls made, total pipeline generated, total meetings set.
- Self-Starting - Each BDR is able to accomplish the goals, without influence from others or situations.
- Self-Motivated - BDRs need to find the strength to complete a task without giving up or needing others to encourage them.
- Coachability - BDRs work in a fast paced environment, they are willing to adapt as the company and the team grows and expands.
- Self-Aware - BDRs are continuously engaged with different personalities from different walks of life and cultures - via email, phone and face2face. Sensitivity and respect is vital.
- An Active Listener - BDRs speak with prospects and customers every day. Listening to the right buying sign is vital to our success.
- Resilience - BDRs face numerous challenges and obstacles. Recovering from a setback swiftly is essential.
- Great Teammate - BDRs are a component of a larger and more complex whole.
- Communication - BDRs are required to communicate complex ideas promptly and in a compelling way.
- Management & Organisation - BDRs work on multiple campaigns and quite often work different time zones.
- Lead Generation - BDRs prospect from both warm and cold leads.
- Career Path - A desire to move into a closing sales role position.
- IT Adept - Salesforce, MS tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, LinkedIn, Outreach, DiscoverOrg
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.