- Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
- Area of InterestTechnical Support
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
- Job Id1263601
What You'll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) TAC team is a team of exceptional technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively, while delivering the best possible customer experience. We measure your success through growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores, and excellent financial results.
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer in Unified Communications technology to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is made up of highly-responsive and driven technology experts who love what they do: Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology! We provide 2nd/3rd level technical support on a worldwide basis 24 x 7 x 365 for Enterprise voice technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. In this role you will focus on reactive measures including diagnostics and analysis, troubleshooting and recommendations. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology knowledge is limitless!
Who You Are
This Unified Communication Manager (CallManager) Support Engineer position has the following responsibilities: * Provides second/third level technical support for Enterprise voice technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Assistance Center engineers. * Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity. * Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required. * Acts as focal point for large account network problem resolution. * Effectively utilizes moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems. * Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise. * Ability to determine root cause and resolution for previously unknown problems. * Interacts across TAC/HTTS/ROS teams and development teams at peer level. * Acts as a technical expert and provides support on a global basis.
Required Product Knowledge and Technical Skills: * Working knowledge of Networking industry, products and protocols. Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction. * Minimum 2 to 5 years experience and a combination of the following; designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the following Unified Communications products, devices, solutions, and technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses. * Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. * Able to determine problems and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction. * Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Ability to analyze, use and configure small to medium networks. * Ability to work effectively in an interrupt driven environment and provide guidance to other members of the work group.
* Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS)
* Cisco Unity Connection
* Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
* Cisco Jabber
* Microsoft Windows Server (2000, 2003, 2008)
* Desktop Operating System (XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8) management/troubleshooting (using windows command prompt, perfmon, windbg etc)
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Microsoft Exchange (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013)
* Linux Operating System basic operation and troubleshooting (i.e. Redhat Linux)
* Office 365
* VoIP protocols such as SIP, SCCP
* DNS Server
* Mail protocols IMAP and MAPI
* WebDAV and EWS
* LDAP, XMPP, CTI, SIP
* SIP or XMPP Federation
* Cisco Unified Attendant Console
* Microsoft OCS/Lync
* IBM Lotus Domino/Sametime
* Security Certificates, SSL, TLS
* Basic SQL
* Basic xml/html
* Basic VMWare operation and troubleshooting
* Microsoft Office Application Troubleshooting such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 2 to 5 years related experience.Voice CCIE desired but not required.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco