At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Engineer II Supplier Development Quality Engineer.
Supplier Development Quality Engineers are responsible for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, material qualification, supplier performance and receiving inspection. This position contributes to the development, establishment and maintenance of supplier quality engineering methodologies, systems and practices which meet Abbott and regulatory requirements.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
· Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Abbott supplier development quality program policies, procedures and forms
· Provides guidance and training to Purchasing, R&D, Manufacturing and Quality engineers in applying program requirements
· Reviews and approves all supplied product drawings and component quality plans
· Manages development of supplied product inspection procedures and first article requirements
· Provides engineering guidance to Abbott Receiving Inspection including statistical analysis, measurement techniques, Gage R&R studies and inspection procedures
· Assesses supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions, directed testing and quality system audits
· Proactively communicates quality issues to suppliers as needed through supplier quality system audits, supplier corrective action requests and technical discussions
· Participates and provides engineering ownership for all supplied product Non-Conforming Material Reviews
· Contributes and participates in supplier performance reviews
· Evaluates and develops Supplied Data Agreement, Skip Lot, Dock-to-Stock, CoC, and CoA partnerships with suppliers
· Applies sound engineering analysis and judgement to reduce the need for inspection in accordance to program policies
· Works with Manufacturing engineering to assess and address purchased product issues
· Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues
· Design and conduct experiments for process optimization and/or improvement
· Participate in or lead teams in supporting Supplier Development Quality program requirements (e.g., represent the Supplier Development Quality function as a Core Team Member)
· Mitigates risk by working with the Suppliers to document Process Flow Charts, PFMEAs, and Control Plans
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
· BS degree in Engineering or Technical Field or equivalent experience
· 2-5 years Medical Device and/or Engineering experience
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
Your preferred qualifications and education:
· Advanced degree preferred
· Engineering experience and demonstrated use of Quality tools/methodologies
· Detailed knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485, and ISO 14971
· Strong project management and leadership skills, including the demonstrated ability to lead multi-departmental project teams and resolve quality-related issues in a timely and effective manner
· Prior medical device experience preferred
· ASQ CQE or other certifications preferred
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States > Minnesota : 5050 Nathan Lane N.
United States > Minnesota : 14901 DeVeau Place
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf