Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in North Chicago, IL currently has an opportunity for a Receiving Shipping Servicer on the 1st shift (7:00AM - 3:30PM estimated). Under direct supervision, this new team member will follow established procedures and guidelines to receive, handle, store, record, and dispatch goods in a store or warehouse.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Receive incoming goods, check for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices.
- Pick order, pack, receive, and dispatch outgoing goods according to written or verbal requests or orders.
- Ensure proper routing of materials is maintained while transporting the materials between departments.
- Enter data into a database or other computerized system to maintain up-to-date stock and inventory records.
- Retrieve stored information to respond to inquiries (for example on stock transfer, inventory levels or delivery schedules).
- Perform other routine clerical activities according to the organization’s established procedures.
- These activities may include updating stock cards and inventory records, and completing receipt, transfer, delivery, and dispatch forms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School degree or GED.
- Incumbent must be able to perform basic math; read; understand and make decisions based upon written operating procedures
- Must have good hand eye coordination and general math and reasoning skills.
- Basic computer knowledge for data input and making decisions related to inventory part, lot and quantity.
- Previous fork lift experience and the ability to meet Abbott requirements for obtaining fork lift certification.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with frequent changes to priorities.
- Past experience with warehouse management systems.
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to work in cold storage/freezer at -20˚ C or colder
- Ability to work in cooler at 2˚ C to 8˚ C
- Ability to work at heights up to 40 feet
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > North Chicago : K02 Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Exposure to temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit/16 degrees Celsius or above 85 degrees Fahrenheit/28 degrees Celsius on a regular basis, Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf