Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are developing exciting technologies that are pushing the boundaries in Interventional Cardiology. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Advanced Technology team to work on new algorithms that apply machine learning on imaging data. The candidate will have advanced expertise in image processing algorithm development and machine learning.
• Expert level familiarity with latest tools for Machine Learning and AI
• Expertise in the latest AI platforms: PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow, etc.
• Experience in applying image processing algorithms for medical images.
• Good prototyping skills, ability to generate research prototypes to demonstrate concepts
• Hands on experience in statistical and machine learning tools
• Highly motivated, team player with strong technical collaboration skills and desire to learn quickly and develop new skills.
• Strong desire for experience in algorithm development of x-ray angiography or fluoroscopy.
• Prior experience in Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) or Ultrasound image analysis is a plus
• Prior experience in medical device product development is a plus
• Prior background in 2D and 3D image registration is a plus
Bachelors degree AND 9+ years related work experience. Prefer MS plus 4+ years of related work experience or PhD in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with extensive data science and machine learning background
Expertise with one or more of the following: Python, C++, MATLAB, or other relevant scripting language and state of the art prototyping tools for Deep Learning
Conducts feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality. Develops new concepts from initial design to market release. Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
Write and submit intellectual property (patents). Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development. Investigates and evaluates existing technologies.
(Planning/Organization) Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule. Establishes priorities of work assignments.
(Decision Making/Impact) Exercises judgment in selecting innovative, practical methods to achieve problem resolution. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
OPEN TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES AT LOWER LEVEL.