Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Casa Grande, Arizona is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 480 that works together to help nourish the world. The Plant has an opening for a Maintenance Front Line Leader.
What you'll do as a Maintenance Supervisor:
Manage and lead the GMP focus team to close out high-priority demand maintenance and facility work orders throughout the site, focusing explicitly on high-care areas.
· Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly GMP Work Order Backlog reporting and communicate to site stakeholders and equipment area owners.
· Responsible for managing contract teams, negotiating contracts, and fostering the relationship between a company and other business service providers.
· Lead the daily, weekly, and monthly GMP meetings and communicate, update, and inform all work order related activities to site stakeholders and area owners.
· Improve demand maintenance work order response time to resolve leaks and facility defects in high-care areas.
· Lead and close out Quality Assessments for all high-priority demand maintenance activities assigned to the GMP focus team.
· Work with the maintenance planning/scheduling team in developing, planning, and executing all plant-related Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) maintenance/facilities activities, including Preventative, Predictive, and Demand maintenance.
· Work with the Operations, Engineering, and Quality teams to investigate, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions for equipment-related failures.
· Drive continuous improvement in performance within Maintenance, Operations, Quality, and Safety.
· Able to understand how to close gaps identified in Maintenance/Facilities GMP work order processes to close gaps and drive GMP focus team to become less tactical and more strategic
· Model and promote organizational values by providing effective leadership, direction, development, and support to the team.
· Engage in drafting own goals and lead the development process of team goals and growth planning.
· Follows escalation reporting process with inputs from peers/manager for decision-making as required. Make and communicate decisions that are appropriate for the level of accountability.
· Communicates to line the High-Performance Work Team daily while maintaining a constant floor presence. Maintains a safe work environment with 100% training and compliance with applicable procedures.
· Coordinates activities related to shift starts and changes. Leads and coordinates daily activities of the shift team to meet daily requirements that positively impact the rest of the multi-shift line results.
· Active participation in team and department projects, including responsibility for the execution of assigned actions.
· Track, trend & report on established KPIs; communicate to the functional manager and site leadership team on accomplishments, opportunities for improvement, and planned actions.
· Provide training, guidance, and mentorship to plant maintenance staff members.
· Drive a culture of engagement through the High-Performance Work Team. Directly supervises and trains the team and participates in performing repairs and staffing activities.
· Provide timely coaching, counseling, and feedback.
· Create a learning environment and support individuals' learning and development plans.
· Ensure delivery of effective performance management while establishing and sustaining a positive work environment.
· Execution of on-time performance reviews for direct reports
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology, engineering, OR 2 to 4 years of experience with maintenance responsibility in a regulated industry.
· Demonstrated leadership skills in a plant maintenance environment
· Knowledge of project planning tools and experience using them
· Experience working with and implementing Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies.
Preferred but not required
· CMMS experience – scheduling, planning, developing job plans
· executing work and documenting all aspects of work to asset level.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Robust vacation package
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities .
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is
$72,700.00 – $145,300.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Casa Grande : Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf