Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Front Line Leader
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a Front Line Leader/Production Supervisor. This site is Abbott’s oldest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
What you'll do as a Production Supervisor:
- Responsible for the overall results for a single shift of a manufacturing operations line.
- Supervisory leadership in this role will primarily be focused on day to day operations, with short term focus based on meeting requirements that are tactical versus strategic.
- Coordinate activities for the shift team to ensure delivery of all key performance metrics including those in EHS, Quality, Finance, Productivity and People.
- Lead efforts required delivering quality and compliance performance for the shift/ line of accountability. Initiate, manage, and make decisions which impact product quality.
- Manage budget accountability for Headcount, Overtime, and direct expenses for a shift and/or line.
- Drive OEE performance, understand the drivers, and develop and execute plans around improvement of line performance and quality metrics with support from the direct manager. Understand all key performance indicators, driving and executing plans for improvement through team engagement.
- Drive a culture of engagement through the team and department.
- Manage and guide a team(s) of operators to improve quality and increase productivity on the line.
- Communicates to line personnel daily while maintaining a constant line presence.
- Maintains a safe work environment with 100% training and compliance to applicable procedures.
- Promote team, department and site goals through team communications and providing direction and guidance towards achievement.
- Track, trend & report on established KPI's; communicating to functional manager and site leadership team on accomplishments, opportunities for improvement and planned actions.
- Follows escalation reporting process with inputs from peers/manager for decision making as required. Make and communicate decisions that are appropriate for level of accountability.
- Budgetary accountability is limited – $2MM USD.
- Assure team members are trained and understand duties, responsibilities, and performance against established expectations.
- Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback.
- Develop all line personnel by securing appropriate training, providing mentoring and assigning progressively challenging stretch responsibilities within the scope of the team and department accountabilities.
- Execution of on time performance reviews for direct reports
Education and Experience, you'll bring:
Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology, engineering or 2 to 4 years of experience in a regulated industry,
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of project planning tools and experience using them
- Proven plant financial understanding
- Experience working with and implementing Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies.
- Previous experience working in a regulated manufacturing work environment with preference being for food, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, etc.
- Experience utilizing project planning and execution tools
- Green Belt Certification but not required
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Columbus : Columbus Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf