Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Product Performance Technician II
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in Electrophysiology & Hear Failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s Medical Device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
This role supports the Product Performance Engineering (PPE) group with the following:
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Receiving returned product in the lab and, if applicable, ensuring complaint product details match the actual product.
- Utilizing diagnostic procedures, tools, judgment, & experience to determine root cause of field events with Abbott capital equipment.
- Documenting results of root cause investigations in the appropriate forms in a clear, concise, consistent manner.
- Communicating to management when a root cause investigation or adverse trend points to a deficiency in manufacturing processes or design.
- Participating in reviews of complaint and manufacturing data to ensure the business is aware of product quality issues.
- Obtaining product knowledge of all products the lab is responsible for evaluating.
- Maintaining lab equipment to ensure calibrations and preventative maintenance are performed promptly.
- Providing feedback to management for process improvement.
- Training fellow team members and new-hires on various products and tools.
- Complying with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintaining positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performing other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, for the Cardiovascular Neuromodulation division as needed.
- 2-year technical or Associate degree in Electrical Technology or 3-4 years electrical/electronic experience
- Risk management experience
- Computer knowledge is essential (especially Microsoft Office Suite)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable industry regulations and follows company operating procedures, policies, and rules are essential
- Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, & microscopes
- Strong multitasking skills
- Reliable communication and interpersonal skills
- A solid troubleshooting and root cause analysis skillset in electronics
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on occasion
- Familiarity with computer operating systems
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota > St. Paul > Tech Center : One St Jude Medical Drive
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf