Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primaryy Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Processing Operator - no prior processing experience at AN required. Operator
requires supervision (during training) to complete job tasks and for decisions related to job tasks and products.
The individual is responsible for the manufacturing of liquid adult, pediatric and medical nutritional products. Primary functions include, but not limited to: material handling/dispensing, hand cleaning, clean-in-place (CIP), heat treatment systems, cleaning-out-of-place (COP), operation of scales, routine housekeeping, allergen control, portable pumps, container rinsers, homogenizers, lifting and physical handling of raw ingredients during the weighing, staging and manufacturing processes.
Interaction with computer systems that are integrated into the manufacturing process along with documentation of manufacturing steps in accordance with work order and job procedures.
A processing operator must adhere to all GMP's and EH&S regulatory standards and follow detailed work order instructions. The operator must be motivated to learn processing CJRs, works well with trainer, other members of the processing crew and possess good interpersonal skills.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Operator Completes on the job training with a certified processing trainer. Trainer signs off on all OJTs within 24 months. (Training extensions granted by Department Management)
- Operator is capable of performing core job responsibilities (CJRs) with a trainer, once signed off on tasks should be able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of bulk slurries for blending operations
- Operation/monitoring/documentation of computer-controlled heat treatment processes
- Operation/monitoring/documentation of computer-controlled blending processes
- Weighing/documenting/staging, utilizing a computer-controlled weigh system, of batch ingredients
- Operation/monitoring/documentation of a computer-controlled clean-in-place (CIP) system utilized for manufacturing equipment (i.e. tanks, heat treatment system, etc.)
- Perform/document product standardization operations (i.e. vitamins, flavors, oils)
- Maintain area GMP compliance through routine cleaning of equipment and general area, adherence to work order and job procedures, and accurate documentation
- Receipt and unloading of bulk raw ingredients and CIP chemicals
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility for EHS performance and compliance through active participation and support of Abbott’s EHS program
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED required. Bachelors Degree in Technical field preferred.
Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.
Experience in a plant production environment (preferably within drug, food or beverage manufacturing).
Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula, adult nutrition, and performance nutrition. Knowledge of food processing techniques and documentation requirements.
Ability to read and follow work order documents, troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and operate powered industrial vehicles. Should possess a good mechanical aptitude and solid problem-solving skills.
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
This position is accountable for accurately following all procedures relating to the
manufacture of products in the Columbus Plant. Failure to follow all procedures could result in batch loss due to wrong ingredients, incorrect temperatures or being held too long, ingredient mislabel, wrong amount added or not added at all, expired ingredients added, lost product, downtime, and re-blends.
Accountable for the safety of self and other employees while operating equipment.
This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott regulations, policies, procedures or guidelines.
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Columbus : Columbus Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf